|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||187 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||12% (IL School Avg.: 28%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||36%|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra, Spanish,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,820|
|Admissions Director||Ralph Leffler|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-School Program, Band, Chess Club, Drama Program, Knitting Club, Sports Program Band, Chess Club, Drama Program, Knitting Club, Sports Program, After-School Program,
- We believe that the spiritual growth of children is an important part of their overall development. We provide students with a safe environment to learn about the Christian faith and develop their own personal relationship with God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This commitment to developing the faith of our students and families is the reason for, and the primary function of, our school.
- Our goal is to provide students with a solid education and ample opportunities to become independent thinkers, problem solvers, and responsible citizens. Our curriculum is designed to meet the individual needs of each child.
- Our K-8 curriculum includes the core subjects of Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science, along with daily instruction in Religion. Computer training in a state-of-the-art computer lab and specialized instruction in Spanish, Library Skills, Physical Education, Art, and Music are also included in our curriculum.
- Our Little Lamb Preschool provides a nurturing environment in which the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of each three and four year old child can be met in a Christ-centered, half day program.
- The faculty at St. John consists of dedicated and enthusiastic teachers who provide a safe, nurturing, and supportive learning environment. Their expertise and knowledge help all students learn and achieve to their greatest potential. Our teachers are certified by the State of Illinois, and many of them hold Masters degrees. They serve as excellent Christian role models for students and parents.
- Our teachers provide all the essential tools to help children master concepts, giving one-on-one attention when necessary. This may include offering additional assistance for some students or providing advanced and enrichment opportunities for those students who need an academic challenge.
Profile last updated: 04/10/2013
Champaign Swann Special Care Ctr-elem/secondary School
Special Education School0.5 mi | 39 students | Gr. PK
Champaign St. Matthew School
(Roman Catholic)1.1 mi | 460 students | Gr. K-9
Champaign Pavilion Foundation School
Special Education School1.2 mi | 90 students | Gr. 3-12
Champaign Judah Christian School
(Christian)1.4 mi | 590 students | Gr. PK-12 1 Review
Champaign Holy Cross Elementary School
(Roman Catholic)1.5 mi | 349 students | Gr. K-9