Grades: PK-12 | 44 students
- The Day School is a Department of Education approved program at the Schwartz Center.
- It encompasses ungraded classrooms with ages ranging from 3-22 years.
- The program also includes RN's and LPN's and licensed therapeutic staff in the areas of speech/language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and sensory integration.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in classroom activities, as well as parent support groups, special events, and daily communication with classroom staff.
- The program is designed to serve students with multiple disabilities who demonstrate potential for progress.
- Diagnoses of our students include, but are not limited to, physical disabilities, visual impairment, hearing impairment, developmental disabilities, communication disorders, sensory-motor delays, deafblindness, and a variety of other conditions.
- Educational and therapeutic service delivery is transdisciplinary, with services delivered within the classroom as well as one-on-one.
- Community involvement is a strong component of the program, with opportunity for participation in aquatic therapy and hippotherapy services provided.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New BedfordGrades: 4-12 | 16 students
19 Hawthorn St
New Bedford, MA 02740
ProvidenceGrades: NS-12 | 124 students
1000 Eddy Street
Providence, RI 02905
ProvidenceGrades: PK-12 | 70 students
520 Hope St
Providence, RI 02906
North ProvidenceGrades: 3-12 | 33 students
420 Fruit Hill Ave
North Providence, RI 02911
North DartmouthGrades: 9-12 | 591 students
500 Slocum Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.