Grades: PK-8 | 40 students
- Seacoast Waldorf School nurtures and educates the whole child.
- It's experiential and active.
- From playing music with strings and woodwinds, form drawing, intricate handwork, eurythmy, movement, and painting to creative mathematics, writing and speaking a foreign language, it is an education that is engaging and heartfelt.
- A balance of intellectual, aesthetic and physical activities results in calm, energetic, confident and accomplished students”ready for life.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Seacoast Waldorf School nurtures and educates the whole child. Itâ€™s experiential and active. From playing music with strings and woodwinds, form drawing, intricate handwork, eurythmy, movement, and painting to creative mathematics, writing and speaking a foreign language, it is an education that is engaging and heartfelt. A balance of intellectual, aesthetic and physical activities results in calm, energetic, confident and accomplished studentsâ€”ready for life.
Profile last updated: 06/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
StrathamGrades: NS-8 | 178 students
146 High St
Stratham, NH 03885
PortsmouthGrades: PK-8 | 173 students
125 Austin St
Portsmouth, NH 03801
RyeGrades: PK-K | 115 students
Po Box 372
Rye, NH 03870
South BerwickGrades: K-12 | 176 students
336 Main Street
South Berwick, ME 03908
Seacoast Waldorf School has been an excellent choice for our 6th grade son. It has allowed my son to rediscover learning that has meaning to him. Its an active hands on project based education where can spend time in the woods, time working with his hands, and time to be part of the creative process instead of grinding out results designed for state and federal metrics. He is getting the math, art and science but in a more dynamic way. He came home two days ago talking about the roman aqueduct he will design for report he is doing - art and math with come together! The administration is top notch along with the teachers. The school is thriving.
- Posted by Parent - gbmai
I have three kiddos attending Tidewater - ages 3, 5 & 7. Our experience has been so fantastic. The incredible toddler / pre-school and Kindergarten classes, small ''grades'' class sizes, excellent teachers, and community of involved, like-minded parents mean our kids are getting lots of nurturing and are developing a real love of learning. Can't recommend Tidewater enough!
- Posted by Parent - beckj
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.