- Seattle Waldorf School offers a developmentally appropriate, experiential approach to education.
- Arts and academics are integrated for children from preschool through twelfth grade.
- The aim of the education is to inspire life-long learning in each student and enable them to fully develop their unique capacities.
- Founded in Germany in the early 20th century, Waldorf EducationSM is an independent and inclusive form of education based on the insights and teaching of the renowned anthroposophist, artist, and scientist, Rudolf Steiner.
- Evolving from a profound understanding of the human spirit and human development, Waldorf Education is regionally adaptive and has grown to include hundreds of schools worldwide.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17|
|Tuition Notes||PreK $6210, K $10,350, Gr1-8 $14,150, HS $19,400|
|Admissions Director||Meg Petty|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Ultimate Frisbee,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SeattleGrades: K-12 | 580 students
3400 E Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98112
SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 730 students
1201 E Union Street
Seattle, WA 98122
SeattleGrades: 5-12 | 836 students
14050 1st Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98125
SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 505 students
8000 25th Ave Ne
Seattle, WA 98115
SeattleGrades: 5-12 | 652 students
19303 Fremont Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98133