Grades: PK-K | 94 students
- Children are like tender seeds.
- They need continuous loving care to grow and blossom.
- The Seed is a nationally accredited early learning center.
- Our educational programs meet the highest standards of excellence.
- We are open 7:30 to 6:00 for the convenience of working parents.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,280|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly payments. 3, 4 and 5 days/week|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Madeline Barry|
- The Seed is a "child's home away from home." We strive to provide a warm, cozy environment in which children feel happy and secure while engaged in a variety of stimulating, age-appropriate learning activities. We give special attention to each child's needs and interests and address all areas of their social, emotional and intellectual development.
Profile last updated: 09/15/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HawthorneGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
180 Bradhurst Avenue
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Yorktown HeightsGrades: 6-12 | 68 students
370 Underhill Avenue
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.