Grades: K-5 | 120 students
- Serendipity: n.
- luck that takes the form of finding valuable or pleasant things that are not looked for Congratulations on finding Serendipity School! You, as dedicated parents, are beginning your search for the best academic environment for your child, armed with the knowledge that finding the right elementary school will help to set your child on a learning path that will lead to a lifetime of confident inquiry and joyful exploration, as well as personal growth and success.
- You may have set ideas about what the ideal school should look like or be, you may have some loose ideas about what you are looking for, or perhaps you may be completely unsure.
- Whichever camp you find yourself in, we encourage you to ask, "What if?"to be open to the unexpected. Serendipity School is a unique and special place; this difference will be felt as you first step within our gates.
- Perhaps our campus, tucked amongst three wooded acres, with its gardens, nature trails and forts, and secluded outdoor classroom, will surprise you.
- You may be taken aback by a class of Third Grade "pioneers" sewing buttons and fetching pails of water, a fearless Fifth Grader performing a fictional narrative as Clara Barton, a group of Fourth Grade mathemeticians using pictures and tools as they challenge one another to come up with alternate approaches to tackling a complex equation, a First Grade Engineer of the Week teaching the class about the chemistry of making maple syrup, or a group of eager Kindergarteners working together to build a model of their community out of construction paper.
- Perhaps you will be struck by seeing a Third Grader helping a Kindergartener to tie her shoe, by a Second Grader`s excellent manners, by the confidence of a Fourth Grader, or the energy, creativity, care, and compassion demonstrated by each and every one of our amazing teachers and staff members.
- While every day is different at Serendipity, you are sure to discover something unexpected during your visit; we hope you will be pleasantly surprised. We encourage you to schedule your tour of Serendipity School, and look forward to assisting you as you discover your family`s educational options.
- We wish you the best of luck in your school search, and hope to have the privilege of working with your family. All best wishes, Mandy Rizvi Director of Admissions.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,290|
|Tuition Notes||Before and After School Program offered for an additional fee|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mandy Rizvi|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama, Enhanced art, Mandarin, Music, P.E., Spanish, Technology Drama, Enhanced art, Mandarin, Music, P.E., Spanish, Technology,|
- What is Serendipity School?
- A JOURNEY OF EXCELLENCE
- A GIFT OF DISCOVERY
- A COMMUNITY FOR LEARNING
- WHAT IS SERENDIPITY SCHOOL?
- Serendipity School is a progressive independent school committed to encouraging, engaging, and empowering students on their journey toward academic and personal excellence in a nurturing community that promotes discovery, inquiry, creativity, and a lifelong love of learning.
- The essence of Serendipity School is evidenced by its name. Derived from an enchanting fairytale, "serendipity" means a "special or valuable gift or discovery." Serendipity School is a special place: an inclusive, compassionate, and exceptional school where academic and personal discovery is prized.
- At Serendipity School, students are encouraged to share their unique interests and talents, take risks, and strive for academic and personal excellence, supported by our dynamic faculty and nurturing community. An exceptional educational institution dedicated to active and hands-on learning, differentiated instruction, and teaching to the whole child, Serendipity School is committed to the process and journey of learning. The result is a community of students who grow to be lifelong, happy, and empowered learners.
- Serendipity School, founded in 1994 as a private school, meets the individual educational, social, and emotional needs of children aged 2 years through Grade 5. Family-owned and operated, the private school is located on two nearby campuses, serving preschool and elementary school students.
- SERENDIPITY SCHOOL IS-
- Serendipity School`s rich and multifaceted programs promote each child`s social, emotional, cognitive, and academic development in positive ways designed to further curiosity and creativity. Each classroom environment creatively respects the developmental needs of each student. Our programs encompass each child`s participation, interest, enthusiasm, and ideas. All Serendipity children are encouraged to strive for personal and academic excellence.
- Serendipity School believes in providing an educational experience that addresses the individual needs of every child and engages students throughout the learning process. We are committed to teaching the whole child, and therefore endeavor to access and implement a differentiated curriculum, for which our teachers have undergone significant training.
- Serendipity School encourages achievement and effort by empowering students and providing them with tools for academic success. The Serendipity experience encourages students to grow and learn with confidence and enthusiasm. Serendipity School students are empowered to experiment, assume academic risk, and take an interest in and responsibility for the world around them.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BelmontGrades: PK-5 | 389 students
2200 Carlmont Dr
Belmont, CA 94002
San MateoGrades: PK-5 | 220 students
1 Carey School Ln
San Mateo, CA 94403
Menlo ParkGrades: K-8 | 160 students
50 Terminal Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025
South San FranciscoGrades: PK-5 | 116 students
1400 Hillside Blvd
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Corte MaderaGrades: PK-9 | 276 students
5200 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.