- Serra Catholic High School is a Franciscan co-educational secondary school that is owned and operated by the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- The school serves 310 students in grades nine through twelve.
- The mission of Serra Catholic is to educate young men and women in a Catholic, Franciscan tradition through a structured and challenging environment which encourages spiritual, moral, academic and social growth, preparing its students to be productive members of Church and society capable of making choices grounded in Gospel values.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||358 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West MifflinGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
1900 Clairton Rd
West Mifflin, PA 15122
PittsburghGrades: PK-12 | 399 students
6425 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
This is to inform you that Fr. Kieran Monahan, former Headmaster of Serra High School, died this morning (Sunday, Jan 12) at Marian Manor in Boston, Massachusetts. Details of Wake and Mass available at 212-675-4388 or e-mail: Johnnys1230@aol.com He served the Serra Community well and now we pray that he rest in eternal peace.+ Fr. Simeon Distefano, O.F.M. Headmaster - 1970-76
- Posted by Student/Alumni - simsi
At Serra, all students fit in and find their niche, regardless of their skills and interests. All of the teachers at Serra are completely dedicated to the success of the students, and create a rigorous but very educational learning environment. Over the past few years, the school has continued to increase their number of college-level courses, and many students are now graduating from high school with a full year of college credit, entering into college as a sophomore. Serra is continuing to renovate their facilities, upgrading part of the building nearly every year. They are also continuing to grow their athletic programs and extracurricular activities as demands rise. I would strongly suggest Serra to any and all families looking for a great, private school education in the Mon Valley.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - joe