- Seton Hall Prep is a private boys high school (grades 9-12) of the Archdiocese of Newark.
- Founded in 1856, Seton Hall is the oldest Catholic college preparatory school in New Jersey.
- The Prep provides an academically demanding environment to approximately 900 young men from a diverse spectrum of over 120 towns in the northern part of New Jersey.
- SHP takes as its mission the development of the whole man—spiritual, intellectual, social and physical.
- The Prep community proceeds from a belief that growth as a whole person is not limited to secular knowledge but involves the spiritual fulfillment that has been a central concern in its educational tradition.
- In as much as such growth and maturity are rooted in personal and social responsibility, a code of conduct and expectations is in place to guide the student community in their daily activities.
- Consequent to its Catholic identity, SHP seeks to foster an ecumenical and diverse community, faithful to a Judeo-Christian heritage.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||951 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewarkGrades: 7-12 | 558 students
520 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Newark, NJ 07102
LivingstonGrades: 6-12 | 593 students
91 South Orange Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
Jersey CityGrades: 9-12 | 932 students
144 Grand Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
MorristownGrades: 7-12 | 554 students
230 Mendham Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
SummitGrades: 7-12 | 278 students
1 Beverly Rd
Summit, NJ 07901