Grades: PK-12 | 191 students
- Sharkey-Issaquena Academy is a private, non-profit organization for the total education of the child.
- SIA is accredited by the Mississippi Private School Association.
- The Administration, faculty, students, and parents of Sharkey-Issaquena Academy shall strive to provide educational and social opportunities that will enable the student to attain maximum growth mentally, physically, morally, socially, culturally, and spiritually, so that he/she may develop into a responsible citizen.
- Since part of the responsibility for the full development of our students must be borne by the home, the church, the community, and other agencies, we actively seek their support in sharing this responsibility.
- Sharkey-Issaquena Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
- It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic and other school administered programs.
- Scholarships may be available to minority students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Lake ProvidenceGrades: PK-12 | 185 students
301 Riddle Ln
Lake Providence, LA 71254
ArcolaGrades: PK-12 | 172 students
Po Box 376 300 Deer Creek Circ
Arcola, MS 38722
Yazoo CityGrades: PK-12 | 403 students
2132 Gordon Ave
Yazoo City, MS 39194
BelzoniGrades: K-12 | 175 students
Po Box 179
Belzoni, MS 39038
GreenvilleGrades: 7-12 | 231 students
1501 V F W Rd
Greenville, MS 38701
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.