Grades: 2-12 | 45 students
- Founded in 1974, Sierra School provides a challenging, comprehensive academic curriculum enriched with art, music, and foreign language.
- The balance of our unique program helps ensure that each student is well prepared not only for higher education but also for a successful and rewarding life! Sierra students enjoy an atmosphere that encourages learning an atmosphere of inspiration, trust, guidance, and appreciation for each individual.
- Our educators are highly skilled, enthusiastic, and committed to their students’ achievement and personal fulfillment.
- We also have a solid commitment to foster in our students a strong sense of community, mutual respect, and compassion for others.
- Every student at Sierra is as unique as our program.
- Sierra was created to nurture each individual.
- We encourage the ability to question and decide while developing the skills of critical thinking.
- In a creative environment such as this, group activities are filled with humor and laughter.
- Individually, students develop a deep understanding of their responsibilities toward one another, appreciating and respecting each person's worth and dignity.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Sierra School Of Sonoma County also viewed these schools: Merryhill Elementary and Middle School.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.