Grades: PK-8 | 176 students
- Nestled in the beautiful Rawhide Valley, Sierra Waldorf School offers classes from Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Sierra Waldorf School is dedicated to cultivating the capacities of each child through a developmentally respectful education based on the work of Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Waldorf Education.
- We create an environment that respects the individuality of each child, their higher spiritual nature and their connection to the world as a whole.
- The Sierra Waldorf School strives to create a community of caring adults who are committed to self-development, social responsibility and servant leadership.
- Sierra Waldorf School recognizes that the young child learns primarily through imitation and example.
- Great care is taken to provide an environment that brings nurturing warmth, guidance, and cooperation to a child's world of constructive fantasy and imagination.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||There is a sliding scale based on yearly income.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Bill Roberson|
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.