Grades: K-7 | 275 students
- The Smith College Campus School in Northampton, Massachusetts, is a coeducational laboratory day school for children ages 5 -12.
- It is open to all children in the surrounding communities.
- The Campus School strives to be a cooperative and responsive community committed to an education that addresses children's cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development.
- We recognize and respect individual differences and work to build on the strengths of each child.
- We celebrate children's achievements, helping children recognize their accomplishments and experience a joy in learning.
- Central to our philosophy is the belief that children should acquire a set of fundamental concepts and skills, as well as the habits of mind and heart, that enable them to understand and operate in their world and become effective problem solvers and responsible community members.
- We view learning as a dynamic process that is enhanced by an openness to new ideas and a willingness to take intellectual risks in the pursuit of knowledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Laboratory Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AmherstGrades: K-7 | 119 students
Po Box 2248
Amherst, MA 01004
GreenfieldGrades: PK-8 | 141 students
71 Montague City Rd
Greenfield, MA 01301
HadleyGrades: NS-12 | 242 students
193 Bay Road
Hadley, MA 01035
AmherstGrades: NS-6 | 116 students
27 Pomeroy Ln
Amherst, MA 01002
SpringfieldGrades: PK-8 | 101 students
1190 Liberty St
Springfield, MA 01104
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.