Grades: K-8 | 142 students
- The Solomon Schechter School of Manhattan is a vibrant and growing independent coeducational K-8 Jewish elementary and middle school committed to the principle that the most meaningful and successful learning happens when students are active learners. Our mission is to ignite within our students a passion for learning and a commitment to translating ideas into meaningful action.Through inquiry, close reading, and thoughtful debate across the academic disciplines, our students become independent learners and powerful communicators.
- They cultivate their Jewish identities through joyful prayer, exploration of the Torah's wisdom, mastery of Hebrew, and participation in Jewish life.
- They engage, support, and challenge one another as members of a collaborative, caring community.Schechter Manhattan graduates confidently go forth to meet the intellectual, social, and moral challenges that lie ahead, poised not only to do well in life, but also to do good in the world.
- The school is accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS) and holds an Absolute Charter from the New York State Board of Regents.
- In addition, it is a member of the New York Guild of Independent Schools, the Parents League, and the Educational Records Bureau.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 2 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is set on a sliding scale based on parents’ demonstrated ability to afford its cost. Schechter Manhattan uses the Independent School Management Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST), to provide a need-based financial aid analysis which ensures|
|Admissions Director||Andrea Feldman|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
- Welcome to a place where curiosity rules. Where children learn to honor timeless traditions and think for themselves. Where they're encouraged to ask bold questions, confront paradox and discover new connections. Where critical inquiry feels like fun, and lights go on in unexpected ways. Welcome to a place where students see links between Moses and Macbeth, anthropology and architecture, biology and Bible. Where children understand empathy so deeply that they relate to characters -- real and fictional -- across every era in time and draw guidance from them for living today. Welcome to a place where everything feels accessible, nothing is off-limits and students yearn to engage the world. Welcome to Schechter Manhattan. Engage the Mind. Engage the World.
Profile last updated: 06/01/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: NS-12 | 882 students
20 W End Ave
New York, NY 10023
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 247 students
2600 Netherland Ave
Bronx, NY 10463
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1288 students
505 E 75th St
New York, NY 10021
New YorkGrades: NS-PK | 165 students
55 East 90th Street
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1093 students
114 E 85th St
New York, NY 10028
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.