Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
- Our mission is to lead each student to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ by consistently teaching the Word of God while providing personalized academic excellence.
- In accomplishing our mission, we focus on the following priorities: ' Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness in accordance with Matthew 6:33.
- ' Strive as a teaching staff to meet the highest standards of professionalism and Christian example in our instruction.
- ' Provide Christ centered curricula to ensure sound academic achievement in all areas of study.
- ' Maintain accreditation through Florida League of Christian Schools (FLOCS) for grades Kindergarten - 12th, to ensure excellence in academic requirements.
- ' Accurately assess the needs of individual students; and ' Partner with your family to achieve your student's success.
- Understanding the importance of commitment, communication, and teamwork, I look forward to ministering to your family this school year.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
Other religious school association(s)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(VARIES BY GRADE LEVEL)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tution for Kindergarten $3750 Tution for 1st - 6th $4000 Tuition for 7th - 11th $4200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lorie Johnson|
|Admissions Associate||Shelly DeLee|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, SoftballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4H Program, Beginning Concert Band, Fine Arts, Intermediate Concert Band, Karate, Praise band 4H Program, Fine Arts, Karate, Praise band, Beginning Concert Band,
Intermediate Concert Band,
- We accept applications on a first-come, first-serve basis. Feel free to contact our office or check our website at sonshinechristian.com should you have questions. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CallahanGrades: PK-12 | 40 students
1933 West State Road 200
Callahan, FL 32011
JacksonvilleGrades: 6-12 | 21 students
15705 Butch Baine Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32218
JacksonvilleGrades: K-12 | 144 students
9840 Wagner Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32219
JacksonvilleGrades: NS-PK | 20 students
3731 Rogers Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32208
JacksonvilleGrades: K | 6 students
5001 Soutel Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32208
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.