Grades: K-12 | 29 students
- South Bay Christian Academy was born from a dream of our founder, Rev. Arthur Hodges, Jr. over thirty-nine years ago.
- SBCA is regionally accredited with the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI).
- SBCA is dedicated to educating children from Kindergarten through Senior High School in principles of "how to live" as well as "how to make a living" as Christians in the 21st Century.
- According to the dictionary, education is the process of educating or of being educated; a stage of such a process; the knowledge and development resulting from an educational process.
- To educate is to provide schooling for; to train by formal instruction and supervised practice especially in a skill, trade, or profession; to develop mentally, morally, or aesthetically especially by instruction.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Language-based and Learning Differences|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1000|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(uniformed jumpers/skirts, and pants; oxford and polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid, scholarships, tuition assistance is available!|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rev. Devereaux Lloyd|
|Admissions Associate||Amber Huizar|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Journalism/Yearbook, Vocal and Instrumental Music Programs Journalism/Yearbook,
Vocal and Instrumental Music Programs,
- South Bay Christian Academy was born from a dream of our own Elder Arthur Hodges, Jr. over thirty-eight years ago. SBCA is dedicated to educating children from Kindergarten through Senior High School in principles of "how to live" as well as "how to make a living" as Christians in the 21st Century. According to the dictionary, education is the process of educating or of being educated; a stage of such a process; the knowledge and development resulting from an educational process. To educate is to provide schooling for; to train by formal instruction and supervised practice especially in a skill, trade, or profession; to develop mentally, morally, or aesthetically especially by instruction. Our educational methods are working: Standardized test results have shown our students increase, on average, 1.4 years academically for each year of instruction! Since we also offer online classes and distance learning, SBCA has a combination that is right for you!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Chula VistaGrades: NS-K | 96 students
3604 Bonita Road
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Chula VistaGrades: 9-12 | 869 students
1615 Mater Dei Dr
Chula Vista, CA 91913
San DiegoGrades: K-9 | 171 students
4895 Saratoga Ave
San Diego, CA 92107
San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 187 students
320 Date St
San Diego, CA 92101
San DiegoGrades: PK-8 | 168 students
2637 Homedale St
San Diego, CA 92139
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.