Grades: PK-12 | 318 students
- The mission of South Texas Christian Academy (STCA) is to promote a redemptive relationship between each student and Jesus Christ and facilitate spiritual, academic, social, physical and vocational growth through the provision of an environment in which Christian nurture may take place. South Texas Christian Academy is dedicated to the fulfilment of one great purpose, " to restore in man the image of his maker, to being him back to the perfection in which he was created, to promote the develpment pf body, mind and soul, that the divine purpose of his creation might be realized" Education, p.
- 15. Adventist education places a high estimate on the infinite worth of every individual and seeks to provide a climate in which positive self-image can be developed.
- We endeavour to provide opportunities for students to secure a preparation that will enable them to live successfully and productively.
- Students are encouraged to take an active interest in making their communities better places to live, to appreciate cultural and scientific advances of the age, and to develop positive attitudes toward useful labor and humanity.
- Each student is challenged to develop a sense of mission for giving the gospel message to the world in preparation for the soon return of Jesus.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Anatomy & Physiology, AP Calculus, AP English IV Lit., Earth & Space Science,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Parker uniforms; Karol uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / Mar. 30|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
- Non-Discrimination Policy:South Texas Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generall accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in its administration or its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PalmhurstGrades: PK-12 | 122 students
4301 N Shary Rd
Palmhurst, TX 78573
2021 W Jackson Avenue
Mcallen, TX 78501
WeslacoGrades: PK-12 | 175 students
1000 S Bridge Ave
Weslaco, TX 78596
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.