Grades: K-12 | 13 students
Southside Christian School's stand is this: God gave children to parents.
Parents have primary responsibility for the life education of their children.
God has called SCS to team up with Christian parents empowering their calling to give the very best Christian Education to their children.
An education in which Jesus Christ is central is the best preparation for the real world.
For in Jesus Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Bilingual School Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(pants and polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,000|
|Tuition Notes||Most families pay in either 10 or 12 monthly payments|
|Admissions Director||James W. Bell|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Music Class, Physical Education, Sewing, Shop Class, Speech/Drama Music Class, Sewing, Shop Class, Speech/Drama, Physical Education,
- This 2016-2017 school year will include 2nd-12th grade. We pray and look foward to having a Kindergarten and 1st grade next year; however currently for the up-coming Aug 2016 school year we do not. Southside is pleased to announce our Homeschool Umbrella option. Any homeschool family K-12 may use our Christian School as their homeschool umbrella. We do not provide any academic help to the families. We will provide the record keeping and file storing that is necessary for a homeschool family to be legal as well as some socialization through our extra-curricular classes. You can get more information about this option on our website at www.southsidegallatin.org
- Southside Christian School (SCS) is committed to academic excellence. Many SCS graduates have successfully graduated from a variety of colleges and universities. Worldwide, there are over 6,000 schools, serving close to one million students using the PROVEN curriculum we use. SCS is very affordable due to the significant investment by Southside Baptist Church in the education of every student we enroll. We encourage you to set up an appointment to SEE the school in action!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HendersonvilleGrades: PK-12 | 302 students
355 Old Shackle Island Rd
Hendersonville, TN 37075
White HouseGrades: PK-12 | 132 students
Po Box 1568
White House, TN 37188
HuntsvilleGrades: 1-12 | 45 students
126 Douglass Rd Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
This little school has survived against all odds. A team of dedicated instructors and involved parents ensure the young kids get both a quality education and a proper upbringing.
- Posted by Parent - nocom
My two daughters graduated from this fine school. One grandson attended for nine years and my grandaugther is now in her fifth year. SCS provides a high quality plus thoroughly Christian education.
- Posted by Teacher - donna
I attended this school from K-12th grade and highly recommend it for a great quality education as well as an atmosphere where the teachers love and care for each student individually.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - griff
We have had 2 children graduate from this school and currently have 2 enrolled. We appreciate the staff and the God centered school that are children are a part of every day! We would highly recommend Southside Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - jkall
All three of our children attended 12 yrs.They're all through college & model citizens. No drugs, no trouble!
- Posted by Parent - godbl
I was a the first graduate of SCS in 1984 and highly recommend it to anyone who is seeking a Christian education for their child. It was a blessing to have been trained in things of the Lord and to have the background of so many spiritual truths as well as recalling memorized scripture which I constantly rely on everyday of my life and for so many different reasons in life. I am thankful for the opportunity to have been educated at SCS and pray that the Lord blesses it for many more years in the future. Praise God for His many blessings with such educated and qualified staff and administration to make it such a great success that it has been over the years. The whole experience is just a overwhelming joy that floods my heart and soul when I think about it. I had such positive role models to pattern and such a wonderful Christian education with the ACE program as a whole. Some of the highlights for me that made it so valuable to me was the opportunity to take piano lessons and being trained vocally by very gifted musicians and also have the priviledge of competing in the State and National ACE Convention. Because of that encourgement,I have taught piano and organ for many years and have also led as a the youth leader and director for over 10 years. The biggest blessing of all to me is that it is an honor to serve the Lord with the position of Church Pianist for 12 years. May God continue to bless the staff, students and parents of SCS. Praise His wonderful name for this awesome Christian Education.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - piano
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.