Grades: 9-12 | 28 students
- The Beaver Creek Ranch Campus of Southwestern Academy is located outside the city of Sedona and offers an intimate, international learning environment for students seeking a college preparatory education.
- Small class sizes, a beautiful 180 acre campus in one of the most scenic areas of the Southwest and an experienced, caring faculty help students to reach their potential and succeed in college.
- Settings emphasize outdoor learning and recreation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$48,850|
|Tuition Notes||Cost is for US boarding students; aid is available for outstanding applicants. International boarding student tuition and fees $48,850|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Elena Lopez|
|Admissions Associate||Yalina Munoz|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arizona Heritage, Camping, Drama, Equestrian, Mountain Biking, Photography, Student Government Camping, Drama, Equestrian, Photography, Arizona Heritage,
- Southwestern Academy seeks students who:
- Are serious about preparing for college
- Want small class sizes and individual attention from their teachers
- Are willing to be challenged to think independently and who want to take an active role in their own education
- Want to be part of a small and close-knit campus community with students from around the world
- Are willing to serve others and are generous with their time and talents
- Are excited about outdoor learning and outdoor activities
- Enjoy nature and who are interested in caring for the environment
People that viewed Southwestern Academy / Beaver Creek Ranch also viewed these schools: Verde Valley School.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.