Grades: 9-12 | 28 students
- The Beaver Creek Ranch Campus of Southwestern Academy is located outside the city of Sedona and offers an intimate, international learning environment for students seeking a college preparatory education.
- Small class sizes, a beautiful 180 acre campus in one of the most scenic areas of the Southwest and an experienced, caring faculty help students to reach their potential and succeed in college.
- Settings emphasize outdoor learning and recreation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$48,850|
|Tuition Notes||Cost is for US boarding students; aid is available for outstanding applicants. International boarding student tuition and fees $48,850|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Elena Lopez|
|Admissions Associate||Yalina Munoz|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arizona Heritage, Camping, Drama, Equestrian, Mountain Biking, Photography, Student Government Camping, Drama, Equestrian, Photography, Arizona Heritage,
- Southwestern Academy seeks students who:
- Are serious about preparing for college
- Want small class sizes and individual attention from their teachers
- Are willing to be challenged to think independently and who want to take an active role in their own education
- Want to be part of a small and close-knit campus community with students from around the world
- Are willing to serve others and are generous with their time and talents
- Are excited about outdoor learning and outdoor activities
- Enjoy nature and who are interested in caring for the environment
People that viewed Southwestern Academy / Beaver Creek Ranch also viewed these schools: Verde Valley School.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.