Grades: UG | 21 students
- Spring Valley School is a school where students ages 4-19 develop interpersonal skills and responsibility democratically, balanced by the freedom to pursue personal interests and passions.
- Spring Valley is one of over 30 Sudbury Schools worldwide, based on the highly successful Sudbury Valley School, which was founded in 1968, in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- The primary learning for students at any Sudbury school is to discover what their passion is.
- This is an intense learning process.
- Any Adult understands how few of us truly discover who we are, what we want, and exactly how to "follow our bliss" until late in life, if ever.
- Children and Teens who are allowed to pursue this process young become eager to learn the academics that they need to succeed.
- In such a climate a student's own interests determine the course of his/her day.
- Here the ebb and flow of activity depends upon individually pursued directions.
- Students often join and share an activity initiated by someone else Thus there is a constant interpersonal transfer of information, communication, and enthusiasm between members of the community.
- In such a flexible and egalitarian context, interpersonal and communication skills become very important.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||We offer significant sibling discounts and tuition assistance to those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid||
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClearwaterGrades: K-12 | 86 students
845 Woodlawn Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
ClearwaterGrades: PK-12 | 228 students
801 Drew Street
Clearwater, FL 33755
Palm HarborGrades: NS-6 | 160 students
1857 Curlew Road
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.