Grades: NS | 231 students
- Founded in 1960 in Portland, Maine, Spurwink has developed into a premiere treatment facility that has gained the respect and admiration of state leaders, mental health providers and communities throughout Maine.
- We are a network of professionals providing mental health, educational and residential services for children, adolescents and adults.
- Spurwink works to improve and maintain the highest possible level of functioning for individuals served.
- Spurwink provides a stable, emotionally supportive environment in which clients can develop self-esteem and learn new skills.
- The wide array of programs and services is designed to meet the identified needs of each client and, to this end, each client's program is highly individualized and continually reviewed, monitored and refined.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Spurwink School also viewed these schools: Aucocisco School, The Maine Girls' Academy (formerly Catherine McAuley High School) and St Brigid School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cape ElizabethGrades: 3-12 | 27 students
126 Spurwink Ave
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107
PortlandGrades: 9-12 | 145 students
631 Stevens Avenue
Portland, ME 04103
PortlandGrades: PK-8 | 342 students
695 Stevens Ave
Portland, ME 04103
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.