Grades: PK-8 | 319 students
- At SS. Cyril and Methodius School, we provide a fully certified, caring and dedicated faculty who hold one doctorate, over 27 masters degrees in a variety of fields, and over 266 combined years of teaching experience.
- We offer a full contingent of “special” subject offerings, including art, physical education, music, and foreign language.
- We provide a fully equipped computer lab, Internet access in every classroom, and new technology updates yearly.
- We also provide lots of extras: after-school sports, a full-scale drama program and Broadway-style annual musical production, in-school dance classes with a yearly free recital, violin classes, school band and chorus.
- Here student participation in daily masses, prayer services, and parish events; and, most important of all, a community where faith, integrity, and the gospel call to service are lived and celebrated each and every day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
American Montessori Society (AMS)
Alternative School Network
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Deer ParkGrades: PK-12
819 Grand Blvd Ste 2
Deer Park, NY 11729
Central IslipGrades: PK-8 | 320 students
82 Carleton Ave
Central Islip, NY 11722
West IslipGrades: PK-8 | 325 students
44 Toomey Rd
West Islip, NY 11795
MelvilleGrades: K-6 | 73 students
150 Round Rd Ste 120
Melville, NY 11747
LindenhurstGrades: PK-8 | 263 students
240 S Wellwood Ave
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.