Grades: PK-8 | 210 students
- WELCOME OUR MISSION: St. Aloysius School seeks to create a positive learning environment, which encourages high expectations through development-appropriate instruction.
- Our school educates the whole child in a faith-centered and supportive environment that allows for individual differences.
- Each student's self esteem is nurtured through positive relationships with their peers and staff.
- To ensure academic success, we strive to have our parents, teachers, and community members work collaboratively to be actively involved in our students' learning. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuition costs vary depending on the number of students enrolled. Scholarships are available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
|Admissions Director||Nicole Johnson|
|Admissions Associate||Azucena Sotelo|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Choir for Christ, Computer Hall, Craft Club, DJing Club, Dance Club, Gardening Club, Science Club, Student Council, Study Hall, Yoga Club Art Club, Computer Hall, Craft Club, DJing Club, Dance Club, Gardening Club, Science Club, Study Hall, Yoga Club, Choir for Christ,
- St. Aloysius School believes that each child is unique, and we accept each child as a sacred trust. Accordingly, we affirm our responsibility to treat students with a deep respect as they grow toward human wholeness. Through a positive approach, we strive to foster a healthy self-concept, which enables the maturing students to recognize and to fulfill their responsibilities to God, to self, and to others. St. Aloysius School has effectively focused its organizational structures on supporting the high achievement of all students. The curriculum provided is standards-based and purposely organized for the entire academic year in an effort to ensure that all topics have been covered. The methods used to present the curriculum encompass a variety of modalities and techniques. The teachers look to the administrator for appropriate guidance in developing their curriculum in a manner that best meet the unique needs of their learners. Teachers collaborate to design an organizational structure in their classroom, which creates a continuum of learning throughout the school. The pastor and school board support the efforts of the principal and teachers and consult with them on a variety of matters, which directly impact the success of student learning.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
South GateGrades: PK-8 | 110 students
2626 Liberty Blvd
South Gate, CA 90280
Los AngelesGrades: 10-12 | 30 students
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Los AngelesGrades: K-9 | 207 students
1200 E 81st St
Los Angeles, CA 90001
Los AngelesGrades: KG-8 | 285 students
10044 Compton Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90002
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 50 students
706 E Manchester Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90001
I strongly recommend St. Aloysius to all parents. Academic programs are great. We have a computer lab that teachers use to incorporate lesson plans. Our committed teachers offer Yoga, Dancing classes, arts and crafts. The school offers a variety of sports that your child might be interested in.
- Posted by Parent - irmro
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.