Grades: K-8 | 215 students
Second grade students were excited about dry ice experiments that involved investigating melting and freezing
Upper school science students are using the state-of-the-art microscope connected to the Smartboard.
St. Aloysius School, a 2010 National Blue Ribbon Award winner, continues its sixty-year history of promoting academic excellence in a faith-filled environment, that is strengthened by community and family collaboration. Caring staff offer challenging academics including 21stCentury STEM skills, technology-infused instruction, and an integrated curriculum to foster real-world applications of learning.
Enrichment includes Spanish, gym, art, and music, as well as after-school athletics and clubs. In addition, frequent volunteer and service opportunities allow students to live their faith. Our students regularly qualify for the John`s Hopkins Talented Youth programs, and our school is ranked among the top 50 private schools nationally. Give your child the gift of a Catholic school education at St. Aloysius School. For more information about St. Aloysius School, please call 203-966-0786.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,980|
|Tuition Notes||certified rate|
|Admissions Director||Ellen Weston|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band and Performing Arts, Math, Scrabble, Book and Homework Clubs, Karate, Golf Clinic, Newshounds, Robotics and Programming Band and Performing Arts,
Math, Scrabble, Book and Homework Clubs, Karate, Golf Clinic, Newshounds, Robotics and Programming,
- We are a faith-based family community; parents are actively involved in the school. The school enjoys the Blue Ribbon Award and celebrates that one-third of its students qualify for the Johns Hopkins Gifted and Talented Program. The students expand their learning horizons by participating in various leadership, robotics and STEM programs. In addition to the core subjects, students study art, music, Spanish, and receive technology/ keyboarding instruction.
- St. Aloysius School has an Advent Liturgy and Christmas Pageant and Spring Show in which all students participate. We have a buddy system for grades K-2 paired with grades 6-8.
- After-school activities include: art, coding, math club, homework club, band, floor hockey, lacrosse, flag football, fall and spring cross country, basketball and volleyball just to name a few.
- The students of St. A participate in various service projects for the local community as well our global community.
- In response to Pope Francis declaring this the Year of Mercy, St. A created a tree of mercy as an action of social justice and charitable work. A leaf will be added for each individual act of mercy.
Profile last updated: 05/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New CanaanGrades: NS-9 | 646 students
635 Frogtown Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
DarienGrades: PK-6 | 188 students
90 Pear Tree Point Rd
Darien, CT 06820
StamfordGrades: PK-5 | 248 students
1186 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
NorwalkGrades: PK-8 | 570 students
139 W Rocks Rd
Norwalk, CT 06851
WestportGrades: K-12 | 118 students
1 Sylvan Rd N
Westport, CT 06880