Grades: NS-8 | 300 students
- Academic excellence in a faith-centered environment is the heart and soul of St. Andrew's Episcopal School of Amarillo.
- An Episcopal School that welcomes families of all faiths, St. Andrew's has been educating children since 1951.
- The school currently serves children from Primer (3 years of age) to eighth grade.
- Qualities of integrity, courage, service and duty find their beginnings here and every student is given the opportunity to become a disciplined and successful learner as well as a compassionate and caring member of the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Academic excellence in a faith-centered environment is the heart and soul of St. Andrew's Episcopal School of Amarillo. An Episcopal School that welcomes families of all faiths, St. Andrew's has been educating children since 1951.
- The School currently serves children from Primer (3 years of age) to 8th Grade. Qualities of integrity, courage, service, and duty find their beginnings here, and every student is given the opportunity to become a disciplined and successful learner, as well as a compassionate and caring member of the community.
- Academic programs of particular merit include Spanish language instruction for grades K – 8; computer education for grades K – 8 and an in-depth fine arts program including visual arts and choral music for all students in grades K – 8 and Orchestra for students in grades 3 – 8.
- Recent achievements by St. Andrew's students include 1st Place in the National Fuel Cell Car Competition sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (2009) and 1st Place in the National Science Bowl Competition (2008) as well as 1st Place in the Pantex Regional Science Bowl the last five years.
- St. Andrew's students accumulate more than five high school credits by the time they graduate in the 8th Grade.
- Middle School athletic program features championship football and volleyball teams as well as basketball, golf, tennis and track.
- St. Andrew’s is the recipient of the prestigious Ken Bastion Award for outstanding Community Service. The School hosts an active service learning program that includes age-appropriate activities for every grade level.
- St. Andrew’s is a member of the National Junior Honor Society and a charter member of the National Elementary Honor Society.
- The student body represents a broad array of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and we believe that this diversity is important for the School. In an effort to ensure open access to all members of the Amarillo community, as well as extend the School's commitment to social, ethnic, and economic diversity within its student body.
- St. Andrew's provides financial assistance to eligible students. The School offers both full and partial scholarships, depending upon the individual needs of each student or family.
- St. Andrew's is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is fully accredited by the Southwest Association of Episcopal Schools, an organization approved by TEPSAC, and recognized by the Texas Commissioner of Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AmarilloGrades: PK-12 | 461 students
PO Box 3428 (501 S. Carolina)
Amarillo, TX 79116
AmarilloGrades: PK-11 | 28 students
900 S Nelson Street
Amarillo, TX 79104
AmarilloGrades: 6-12 | 194 students
PO Box 50729
Amarillo, TX 79159
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.