Grades: PK | 116 students
- St. Ann's Home and School was established as an orphanage in 1925 by the Pastor of the former St. Ann's Parish in Lawrence.
- Father Bertrand, himself an orphan, was moved to establish St. Ann's to serve the many orphans in the Greater Lawrence area.
- At the time lack of preventive medicine for contagious diseases and maternal death from child birth were major public health issues resulting in an orphaned population.
- The Mission of St. Ann's Home & School is to support, nurture, rehabilitate, educate and advocate for children who are emotionally and/or behaviorally disturbed, learning disabled, or mentally ill.
- We seek to reverse the impact of physical, emotional, and/or developmental deficits experienced in the early years of these children’s lives through our Residential, Day and Outpatient programs.
- Today, St. Ann’s Home and School provides a continuum of care approach for troubled children and their families.
- St Ann's Home and School supports, nurtures, rehabilitates, educates and is an advocate for children who are emotionally and or behaviorally disturbed.
- St. Ann's Home and School is proud of our long tradition of services to children and families.
- Originally opened as an orphanage in 1925, today St. Ann's Home and School serves our communities as a residential treatment center and special education school.
- Children come to us with a background of emotional and behavioral disabilities or a learning disability.
- We serve these children through our residential, day school, and outreach programs.
- All of our programs are designed to provide a continuum of services to children who need intensive and comprehensive help for themselves and their families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Total Students||116 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.