Grades: K-12 | 110 students
- St. Anthony School Programs is an inclusive education program for students ages 5-21 with the primary diagnoisis of autism, Down syndrome and other developmental delays.
- Our program is open to children with special needs of all faiths and is founded on the principle that respect and dignity are as important to the learning process as reading and writing.
- St. Anthony's operates seven elementary programs, two secondary programs and a post-secondary program located on a college campus.
- Certified special education teachers offer a curriculum of academic studies, spiritual and moral formaton and daily living skills.
- Vocational training is emphasized at the secondary and post-secondary levels.
- Our program emphasizes inclusion and allows each student to participate in regular classes at their host school based on his/her individual abilities.
- In addition to interacting with their peers in the classroom, our students have the opportunity to participate in all school sponsored activities and extracurricular sports and clubs.
- St. Anthony's strives to help our students live their lives to their fullest--intellectually, socially, academically, vocationally and spiritually.
- Explore our website to learn how St. Anthony's is helping special needs children lead happier, well-rounded lives each and every day.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||autism, down syndrome, cognitive disabilities|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(attire is regulated by the host school)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on grade level program. Scholarships and tuition aid are available.|
- Staff student ratio 1:3
- Located at 10 school sites throughout Allegheny County
- Elementary Program focuses on inclusion, academics, social skills, daily living skills and moral formation
- Secondary Program focuses on inclusion, social skills, and transitions into vocational training.
- Post-Secondary Program focuses on vocational training which includes learning public transportation to create mobility. Students work in job sites with same age job coaches and develop friendships and job skills.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.