Grades: PK-8 | 348 students
St Barbara Elementary School is a Kindergarten through 8th Grade Catholic Parish School.
St. Barbara Catholic School exists to support and complement the parents in their responsibility to be the primary educators of their children.
The overall mission of St. Barbara Catholic School is to teach the Gospel, and to model Jesus Christ.
Its primary goals are to assist students to grow into the fullness of life in Jesus, to be members of the community of believers, and to teach the redeeming message of God's love.
The focus, therefore, is on the development of the whole person: physically, intellectually, morally, psychologically, socially, and spiritually.
Recognizing that a Catholic School should be available to all who desire this educational environment, the Catholic schools in the Diocese of Orange strive to accept everyone for whom an appropriate program can be designed and implemented.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is divided into 10 monthly payments. $450 education fee per child due upon registration. Per family participation includes 25 service hours ($25 per hour buyout) and fundraising. Open house is January 2, 2012 10:30-2pm.|
|Admissions Director||Karen Atencio|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, School Newspaper, Student Choir, Student Council Student Choir, Academic Decathlon,
- St. Barbara School Mission: St. Barbara School is a Catholic Parish School, serving families in the cities of Santa Ana, CA and other near-by locations in Orange County. Our mission is to create a safe, Catholic, Christian environment in which our sturdents are able to become individuals of faith who live the Gospel message, life-long learners, confident effective communicators, responsible citizens in our community, and respectful, health-conscious individuals.
- School-wide Learning Expectations
- Within a safe Catholic, Christian environment, St. Barbara School provides instruction which enhances the academic, spiritual, aesthetic, social and physical growth of our students. Therefore, our students are capable of being:
- Individuals of faith who live the Gospel message by: Understanding and valuing basic elements of Catholicism. Growing in their relationship with Christ. Developing and growing in their prayer life. Working to achieve social justice. Reflecting God's infinite love in relationships with others. Contributing time, talent, and treasure to the Church community
- Life-long learners with a solid foundation of knowledge who can: Demonstrate competency in the basic skills. Think critically and solve problems. Develop study skills rooted in self-discipline and motivation. Utilize technology to facilitate learning. Appreciate creativity and the fine arts.
- Confident, effective communicators who: Read with discernment and understanding. Compute with accuracy Write with clarity. Think independently. Speak effectively.
- Responsible citizens of the local and world communities who: Acknowledge that they can make a difference. Support and participate in local and national affairs. Develop understanding, compassion, and respect for all people Recognize dangers and opportunities in the modern world.ï€¼ Recognize and appreciate the struggles and sacrifices parents make Fulfill family responsibilities. Develop self-confidence and leadership qualities.
- Respectful, health-conscious individuals who: Value themselves, others, and all of God's creation. Understand the importance of making healthy choices. Have the knowledge of and appreciation for a variety of physical activities.
Profile last updated: 08/16/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Santa AnaGrades: PK-6 | 99 students
5315 W Mcfadden Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Santa AnaGrades: PK-12 | 213 students
901 S Euclid St
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Santa AnaGrades: PK-6 | 62 students
917 S Newhope Street
Santa Ana, CA 92704
WestminsterGrades: K-8 | 30 students
10101 Cunningham Ave
Westminster, CA 92683
Santa AnaGrades: PK-KG | 96 students
1021 N Newhope St
Santa Ana, CA 92703
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.