Grades: PK-8 | 375 students
- St. Barnabas Elementary School provides a quality Catholic education for young boys and girls that fosters moral, social and academic development and achievement.
- By creating a comfortable and safe, yet challenging learning environment, we allow all children to realize their full potential – while also encouraging students to reach beyond expectations.
- Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success.
- In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||375 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,400|
|Tuition Notes||C & E Lockbox Services Beginning July 1, 2010, St. Barnabas Elementary School will be utilizing the services of C & E Lockbox as our tuition management company. The many benefits from their services includes: -Monthly automatic debits from your check|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Many after school activities are available for our students to enjoy and participate in., Music Recording, Investment Club, Guitar, Debate Club, Creative Writing, Sports Club, Computer Club, Art Club and more Many after school activities are available for our students to enjoy and participate in.,
Music Recording, Investment Club, Guitar, Debate Club, Creative Writing, Sports Club, Computer Club, Art Club and more,
- Starting in September 2010, St. Barnabas Elementary School came the new direction and leadership of Sr. Joan Faraone (Principal) and Mr. Greg Viceroy (Site Administrator). Building on an already outstanding tradition, the change has brought an exciting and vibrant atmosphere to the school, located right off McLean Ave on the border of the Bronx & Yonkers. St. Barnabas has once again become "the" school to attend, as the future looks incredibly bright and strong.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
3893 Dyre Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 326 students
4300 Baychester Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
BronxGrades: NS-12 | 188 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
BronxvilleGrades: PK-8 | 325 students
172 White Plains Road
Bronxville, NY 10708
BronxGrades: PK-8 | 311 students
3981 Bronxwood Ave
Bronx, NY 10466
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.