Grades: PK-8 | 213 students
- At Saint Benedict Catholic School, our mission is to guide our students toward full communion in the Body of Christ.
- Faithful to the teaching authority of the Catholic Church, we participate as an extension of the family and provide a welcoming, Christ-centered community that nurtures our children in achieving their God-given potential.
- Through challenging academics and Catholic formation, we help our students approach learning with joy and virtue, integrating faith and reason, and cherishing the pursuit of wisdom and Truth.
- Jr.Kindergarten thru 8th Grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Stacey Nelson-Munro|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Field Hockey, Football, Lacrosse, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Field Hockey,
- St. Benedict Catholic School offers a classical education that seeks to form the whole human person in a faith-filled environment. The school, staffed by state certified teachers, offers a full, traditional academic curriculum of language arts, mathematics, history, religion, science, foreign language, technology, art, music, and physical education. An extensive library and media center is also maintained. The entire school attends Mass on a weekly basis and the procedures and discipline in the school are tied closely to the idea of virtue. The curriculum is based on over 2,000 years of educational experience that has produced the greatest minds in Western Civilization. Latin is taught to all students, beginning in the 1st grade in order to help students understand grammar and communicate effectively. A prime location in the Museum District of Richmond allows for close interaction with a variety of local resources such as the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. In order to monitor the students' progress, standardized tests are administered to all students each spring. The results are used to identify students' strengths and weaknesses and to assist in instructional planning for each child. Pre-kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms are self-contained while grades six, seven, and eight are departmentalized. St. Benedict also sponsors an after-school care program for students. This program provides a full range of activities to meet the needs of our families and functions on the school grounds. Additional extra-curricular activities such as band, sports, drama, chess, and music lessons are also available. Our graduates go on to Benedictine, St. Gertrude, Maggie Walker Governor's School, and other private schools or public school specialty centers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 460 students
6011 York Rd
Richmond, VA 23226
6001 Grove Avenue
Richmond, VA 23226
RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 151 students
3418 Noble Ave
Richmond, VA 23222
RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 164 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 452 students
9501 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23229
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.