Grades: PK-8 | 342 students
The mission of St. Brigid School is to fulfill the Christian mandate to teach as Jesus did, by providing a holistic education that integrates the truths and traditions of the Catholic Church with life and learning.
In partnership with families and grounded in the mission of the Catholic Church, St. Brigid School is committed to academic excellence that will assist students to realize their unique intellectual, spiritual and physical potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||342 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 10%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Lori Lee - Principal|
- Our vision is to pursue excellence in school-wide learning by encouraging the discovery and development of individual talents, by enhancing self-esteem and by promoting the ideals of faith, family, social justice and civic responsibility. St. Brigid School provides learning experiences needed to acquire knowledge and skills required to grow and adapt to the increasingly technological and diverse world in which we live.As a school community we value, support and pursue a variety of excellences to encourage personal, spiritual growth and a commitment to learning. St. Brigid School is called to be a Catholic school family. In our school, community is a special part of our love for God. When we care for one another, we actively celebrate the mission of our school and church. Our faith community leads us to understand who we are, where we come from and our resultant responsibility. As a community we live, learn, model and share the gifts of ourselves. We pray together, work together, and share joys and sorrows.
- We value teaching and exemplifying the beliefs, traditions, and values of the Catholic Church.
- We value and provide a learning environment, which encourages critical thinking, cooperative problem solving, creative inquiry, and lively participation.
- We value providing a solid academic foundation grounded in the basics and structured for individual learning styles.
- We value the development of each person’s God given potential and meeting the needs of each person’s intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual growth.
- We value and actively promote parent-school partnerships, which integrate families and our school and reinforce the concept of parents as primary educators.
- We value, support and foster a Catholic, Christian Community, which reflects a faith in God, concern for community, and service to humanity.
- We value and stress the importance of respect for self, others, and all life forms.
- We value the opportunity to learn in a creative, Christian, caring atmosphere.
- We value and emphasize positive life skills such as communication, responsibility and organization.
- We value and provide ongoing professional and spiritual growth for our staff and the parents of our school.
Profile last updated: 02/01/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cape ElizabethGrades: 3-12 | 27 students
126 Spurwink Ave
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107
PortlandGrades: 9-12 | 145 students
631 Stevens Avenue
Portland, ME 04103
PortlandGrades: NS | 231 students
899 Riverside Street
Portland, ME 04103