Grades: NS-8 | 249 students
St. Brigid School has a fully-enclosed yard that is not visible from the street where students have recess every day.
St. Brigid School students have hands-on art class twice-a-week, hands-on music class twice-a-week, and choir once-a-week.
St. Brigid School offers a unique handbell ringing program. Students grades 3-8 receive in-class handbell instruction. Students who are excelling in handbell ringing can try out to be a member of the after-school ringers. St. Brigid Ringers travel to out-of-state handbell festivals to perform.
- Nestled in the East Village, St. Brigid Catholic School is an educational beacon preparing Pre-K through 8th Grade students of all faiths for full lives.
- Named after the patron saint of the arts, St. Brigid combines a broad-based curriculum with an emphasis on the arts as a means of self-expression.
- St. Brigid will nurture your child's mind and spirit to be able to meet the challenges of a changing world.
- Dedicated teachers customize their teaching approach to suit our students' individual learning styles.
- In addition, we provide experience-expanding field trips, opportunities to participate in concerts and plays for the community and a unique Guest Artists Program.
- St. Brigid offers a safe, community atmosphere, strong Catholic education and a structured learning environment, along with affordable tuition, free breakfast and lunch and an after-school program.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Title One Reading; ESL; Speech; SETTS|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,613|
|Tuition Notes||One Child (Catholic) $4613 (Non-Catholic) $4823 Two Children (Catholic) $6752 (Non-Catholic) $7087 Three Children (Catholic) $8110 (Non-Catholic) $8496 $250 Fundraising Fee per Family|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jackie DeLucia|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-School Program, Bell Choir, Dance, Newspaper Club, Piano, Violin & Cello Lessons Bell Choir, Dance, Newspaper Club, Piano, After-School Program,
Violin & Cello Lessons,
- Nursery, Pre-K/3 through 8th grade
- Full-day Early Childhood Program
- Associated with St. John's University Partnership Program in literacy and math
- Integrated hands-on computer education early Childhood through 8
- SMART Boards in every classroom
- Title 1 Remediation in reading
- Hands-on art program
- Music program
- Handbell Program
- Italian Language Program
- Resource room with Specialist
- Physical education
- Dedicated and experienced faculty
- Safe and nurturing environment
- Small classes, personalized attention
- Private busing
- Early morning drop-off
- After-school program
- Fully-enclosed playground
- Private tutoring available
- Full Sacramental program
- Cardinal Scholarships
- Be a Student's Friend Scholarships
- Private scholarships are also available
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DemarestGrades: 9-12 | 557 students
315 Hillside Ave
Demarest, NJ 07627
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 728 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 61 students
215 E 6th St
New York, NY 10003
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: K-9 | 287 students
420 E 87th St
New York, NY 10128
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.