Grades: K-8 | 255 students
With a long history of educating children in San Francisco, since 1888, the Saint Brigid community embraces our city with vigor. Of course students and faculty are avid Giants fans.
Collaboration with the Academy of Art University enables students to learn from professional artists as they paint a mural in our schoolyard.
An active parent community provides coaching, fundraising, and community building among Saint Brigid Families.
Saint Brigid is a WCEA accredited school with strong academic foundation.
We provide the opportunity and motivation for a child to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially.
We value the uniqueness and dignity of each person and promote a warm, caring community that acknowledges our cultutally diverse student body.
The school continues to be maintained in the excellent tradition of its long history.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild learning Differences|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,800|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Malia Peterson|
|Admissions Associate||Sister Angeles Marin|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Seed, Chess Club, Choir, Dance, Guitar & Drums, Karate, Lego League, Piano, Voice Art Seed, Chess Club, Choir, Dance, Guitar & Drums, Karate, Lego League, Piano, Voice,|
- Spanish is introduced in kindergarten throgh grade 2, and becomes a rigorous academic subject in grade 3-8.
- Outstanding choir, offered to students in grades 3-8, performs at Saint Mary's Cathedral, throughout the Bay Area, and recently returned from a children's choir festival in Rome.
- Technology, Music, Art, and P. E. are part of the curriculum in all grades.
- Grade specific enrichment includes outdoor education in grade 5, drama program in grade 7, art exploration in grade 6, confirmation in grade 8.
- Extended care is offered before school at 7:00A.M. and after school from dismissal to 6:00 PM.
- Extra curricular activities include sports, piano. dance, voice, choir, karate, chess, and robotics.
- Active parent community provides fundraising and community building events.
Profile last updated: 01/18/2016
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: PK | 7 students
1570 Greenwich St
San Francisco, CA 94123
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 404 students
2120 Broadway Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 344 students
2222 Broadway St
San Francisco, CA 94115
San FranciscoGrades: 9-12 | 200 students
1715 Octavia Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 273 students
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.