Grades: PK-8 | 214 students
- St. Catherine of Siena School offers an outstanding academic program.
- Strong emphasis is placed on English, Math and Science.
- A large majority of our students go on to College Preparatory Schools, and eventually earn advanced degrees.
- In a caring, disciplined environment, students are encouraged to reach their personal potential.
- Every child is important to us.
- We work with each student to develop healthy study habits, strong reading and math skills, and leadership qualities.
- Strong, healthy minds make for successful adults.
- We emphasize Christian principles and pure kindness shown to each other.
- Saint Catherine of Siena School is a regionally-incorporated, accredited, non-profit institution in the State of Connecticut.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School Uniforms are worn daily)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Laura Hurley|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Classes, Basketball, Chess Club, Lego Club, Newspaper Club, Saint Catherine Cares Community Service, Sports Conditioning, Student Council, Track Club Art Classes, Basketball, Chess Club, Lego Club, Newspaper Club, Track Club, Saint Catherine Cares Community Service,
- Pre-School Hours
- Pre-K 3 Tuesday and Thursday 8AM-1PM
- Pre-K 4
- Prorgram A Monday - Friday Start Time 7:30-8:30 AM
- End Time 1:00 PM or Extended Day Option
- Program B Monday-Wenesday-Friday Start Time 7:30-8:30AM
- End Time 1:00PM or Extended Day Option
Profile last updated: 01/03/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TrumbullGrades: K-12 | 424 students
575 White Plains Rd
Trumbull, CT 06611
StratfordGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
500 Wigwam Lane
Stratford, CT 06614
SheltonGrades: PK-8 | 212 students
430 Coram Ave
Shelton, CT 06484
DerbyGrades: PK-8 | 131 students
14 Seymour Ave
Derby, CT 06418
BridgeportGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
63 Pequonnock St
Bridgeport, CT 06604
I absolutely love everything about St Catherine's! My daughter is learning so much and her Catholic education definitely makes me proud when she speaks about Jesus and all the she learns in school! I am looking forward to her growth as a Student and as a Catholic at St Catherine's in the next 8 years!! I can't say enough about the principal, teachers, staff, and families... It's a great community to be a part of. I highly recommend St. Catherine's of Sienna! My daughter absolutely loves it. She is in a place where she feels comfortable and loved and is happy to attend school everyday and looks forward to learning.
- Posted by Parent - angie
St. Catherine's is a wonderful school with a great family atmosphere. All the teachers TRULY care for the students and openly communicate with the parents. There is great parent involvement in the school and the teachers encourage parent/family participation. My daughter and our family couldn't be happier!
- Posted by Parent - P_lyn
I highly recommend ST. Catherine of SIena School for any family that loves a warm, academic environment that nurtures your child's religious values and respect for other human beings. My children have now graduated and gone on to higher education and as we look back, it was the best decision we ever made. A great foundation for an ever changing world. The Principal, Mr. Rogers and his staff are dedicated to providing the best environment for learning and getting along with others. Our Pastor, Father Joseph Marcello, is a past graduate and especially fond of the school, and has a strong, positive presence there on the children.
- Posted by Parent - lfnor
Excellent school! Great teachers, small environment and family-like atmosphere!
- Posted by Parent - lmhur
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.