Grades: PK-8 | 210 students
- St. Cecilia School is a Pre K-3 through Grade Eight Roman Catholic Elementary School.
- It has been in existence since 1958 in the Diocese of Paterson, under the educational leadership of the Sisters of Christian Charity.
- St. Cecilia School expresses faith experience to its students through the teachings of Jesus Christ who taught with authority, but in a spirit of peace, love, and joy.
- This educational process provides necessary academic knowledge and skills enabling each student to develop as an individual who is responsible and accountable for his/her actions.
- The school strives to make the students conscious of the need for social justice, enabling them to grow in Christian self-awareness.
- As the student grows in Christian self-awareness, the school broadens that concept to include peer relationships and the community.
- A child's intellectual development is promoted by various sequential experiences as well as an inner self-discipline which creates an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- In the primary grades, much is learned through the use of manipulatives, actual concrete experiences, and reinforcement through educational technology.
- As a child advances, greater emphasis is placed on subject content.
- In the upper grades, the learning accentuates the logical and realistic approach to problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||210 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(uniform/Flynn & O)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,250|
|Tuition Notes||Parishioner rate is cheaper that non parishioiner. Non starts at 4390.|
|Admissions Director||Sister Marie Elise Briel, SCCC|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Mary Ann McSkimming|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockawayGrades: PK-8 | 185 students
40 E Main St
Rockaway, NJ 07866
DenvilleGrades: PK-8 | 259 students
Denville, NJ 07834
WhartonGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
345 S. Main St., Wharton, NJ
Wharton, NJ 07885
SuccasunnaGrades: PK-12 | 194 students
126 S Hillside Avenue
Succasunna, NJ 07876
ParsippanyGrades: PK-12 | 163 students
Po Box 5365
Parsippany, NJ 07054
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.