Grades: K-8 | 275 students
- Established in September 1939, Saint Charles School exists to provide all students with the highest quality Kindergarten through Eighth grade value - based education, which integrates faith with the learning process.
- At Saint Charles Borromeo School academic and co-curricular programs are grounded in the Catholic faith and designed to guide each student's academic, spiritual and personal growth.
- Saint Charles Borromeo School's mission is to prepare our students to become committed Catholics and academically prepared individuals who become life long learners.
- The philosophy of Saint Charles Borromeo School is founded on the belief that the Catholic school has a unique function in the community.
- Involved parents and dedicated and professionally prepared faculty along with support staff is necessary to foster and encourage high academic and moral standards.
- Recognizing that parents are the primary educators, Saint Charles Borromeo School supports and encourages parental responsibility in educating their children, especially in faith and in developing Christian social values.
- In cooperation with the parents, the faculty and staff endeavors to educate the whole child, emphasizing the dignity and spiritual development of each individual.
- The total instructional program, enhanced by religious education, is intended to prepare students to become committed Catholics, who are academically prepared, in becoming life long learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
North HollywoodGrades: K-12 | 762 students
11230 Moorpark Street/11600 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91602
Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 270 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
North HollywoodGrades: PK-8 | 165 students
11330 McCormick Street
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Van NuysGrades: PK-8 | 263 students
6635 Tobias Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91405
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 995 students
100 South Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
My eldest daughter went to St Charles for 9 years and I have two younger children still enrolled. I love that all the teachers know the kids and that the kids know each other very well. The school has a true sense of community, with a lot of parent involvement. The teachers are not only credentialed, but many of them have their Masters Degree as well. The kids graduate from St Charles and continue on to many local high schools, including Notre Dame, Providence, Immaculate Heart and Loyola. St Charles also has an awesome swim team that is available to kids from Kinder-8th grade.
- Posted by Parent - diann
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.