Grades: PK-8 | 412 students
At St. Croix Catholic, when we open the door to welcome a new student, we see a beautiful, unique life that has been Created for Greatness. We believe that God has a specific purpose for this person and it`s our mission, in partnership with parents, to develop this child into the virtuous, faith-filled leader God intended. St. Croix Catholic offers a strong liberal arts education, coupled with opportunities to develop 21st century skills.
This beautiful balance prompts students to focus on challenges relevant to the human race, and to be the compassionate, confident, Christ-centered leaders our world so badly needs. Located in historic Stillwater, St. Croix Catholic School educates children from preK through grade 8, and attracts families throughout the St. Croix Valley, from the east metro, and into western WI. To schedule a personalized tour, please call Diane Polley at 651.439.5581.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We support many learning styles through collaboration with District 834 as well as our own Special Services Coordinator.|
|Total Students||412 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 25 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,395|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance offered|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diane Polley|
|Admissions Associate||Sr. Mary Juliana|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess Club, First Lego League, Liturgical Choir, Orchestra, Yearbook Band, Chess Club, Orchestra, Yearbook, First Lego League,
- Dear Friends,
- Welcome to Saint Croix Catholic School!
- Since 1856, thousands of young people from Stillwater and beyond have been educated in a tradition of academic excellence within a vibrant Catholic community. As a school staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the Benedictine nuns from St. Joseph, MN, and recently staffed since 2002 by the Nashville Dominicans, we have the privilege of nurturing the complementary charisms of two great saints, St. Benedict and St. Dominic. The result is a balanced and dynamic environment where faith and culture meet.
- Our strong academic program happens within a rich community life anchored in the person of Jesus Christ. Religion is not simply a class that fits in a specific time frame; rather, it is the reason we exist and the catalyst for everything we do.
- Yet what is the "difference" that draws young families to entrust their children to our care? Our graduates demonstrate a proven track record of success in high school, college and in future careers. They are confident, poised young men and women who can hold their own in any situation. The difference is not the product, but the preparation. The difference is the Catholic difference- an strong integration of faith and reason, respecting the needs of each child at each stage of development in their young lives.
- At Saint Croix Catholic, our mission is threefold: to inform by sharing knowledge with students across the disciplines, to form character by helping each student grow to Christian maturity, and to transform the world by calling every student to holiness and equipping him/her with the tools to put faith into action. A Saint Croix Catholic student graduates with an education in which he/she can give to our often fragmented culture a great gift, that of an integral education of the human person where Christ is the foundation and the model.
- We are grateful for this gift of Saint Croix Catholic School that has been nourished by the generations of teachers, students, and parents who have gone before us. At the foot of the Holy Cross, for which our school takes its name, we pray that we, like our students, "may always be ready to give a reason for our hope" (1 Pt 3:15) before the world.
- Sister Mary Juliana, O.P.
Profile last updated: 01/09/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint PaulGrades: NS-12 | 727 students
6758 Bailey Road
Saint Paul, MN 55129
Cottage GroveGrades: NS-PK | 10 students
7483 Isleton Ave S
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
LakevilleGrades: K-8 | 352 students
19795 Holyoke Ave
Lakeville, MN 55044
HastingsGrades: K-8 | 86 students
11125 Point Douglas Rd S
Hastings, MN 55033
Saint Paul ParkGrades: PK-6 | 37 students
1001 Holley Ave
Saint Paul Park, MN 55071
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.