Grades: PK-8 | 251 students
- Saint Edmond`s Academy, a Catholic, Independent school, educates the hearts and minds of boys in the Holy Cross tradition from JK to eighth grade.
- Our heritage incorporates contemporary thought with individualized instruction, a challenging 21st century curriculum, and a focus on the core values of responsibility, independence, self-esteem, integrity, and a sense of community.
- The program at the Academy creates a foundation for the future that empowers boys with values and skills for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
International Boys' Schools Coalition
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Peter Duncan|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academy Singers, Band Program, Chess Club, Creative Writing Club, Geography Bee, Jazz Band, Math League, Men's Ensemble, Public Speaking, Rugby, Science Olympiad Team, Spring Musical, Student Council, Theatre Tech Band Program, Chess Club, Geography Bee, Jazz Band, Math League, Men's Ensemble, Rugby, Spring Musical, Theatre Tech, Academy Singers,
Creative Writing Club,
Science Olympiad Team,
- Saint Edmond's Academy is a Catholic, independent school for boys in Wilmington, Delaware. The Academy provides challenging, structured, skills-based, and advanced programs in a caring, nurturing, and safe environment in the unique educational tradition of the Brothers of Holy Cross. This educational tradition focuses on students' responsibility, independence, self-esteem, integrity, and sense of community, in accordance with Catholic values and integrating contemporary thought and theory on the development of boys. Students today are the future. As we shape this future through the teaching of our students at Saint Edmond's Academy, we are concerned with leading students to understand and to live Christianity; to become informed and active citizens; to be in a nurturing environment of collaboration, supported by a family spirit; to be respectful of personal, social, racial, political, religious, gender, and linguistic diversity; to participate in the life of the Church and daily dialog with faith and knowledge, faith and experience, and faith and culture; to maintain standards of excellence which are measurable; and to maintain a global perspective.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WilmingtonGrades: PK-8 | 283 students
2006 Shallcross Ave
Wilmington, DE 19806
WilmingtonGrades: PK-12 | 210 students
2510 Marsh Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
NewarkGrades: K-12 | 160 students
Po Box 9925
Newark, DE 19714
BearGrades: NS-12 | 225 students
1390 Red Lion Road
Bear, DE 19701
NewarkGrades: PK-8 | 447 students
82 Possum Park Rd
Newark, DE 19711
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.