Grades: PK-8 | 251 students
- Saint Edmond`s Academy, a Catholic, Independent school, educates the hearts and minds of boys in the Holy Cross tradition from JK to eighth grade.
- Our heritage incorporates contemporary thought with individualized instruction, a challenging 21st century curriculum, and a focus on the core values of responsibility, independence, self-esteem, integrity, and a sense of community.
- The program at the Academy creates a foundation for the future that empowers boys with values and skills for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
International Boys' Schools Coalition
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Peter Duncan|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academy Singers, Band Program, Chess Club, Creative Writing Club, Geography Bee, Jazz Band, Math League, Men's Ensemble, Public Speaking, Rugby, Science Olympiad Team, Spring Musical, Student Council, Theatre Tech Band Program, Chess Club, Geography Bee, Jazz Band, Math League, Men's Ensemble, Rugby, Spring Musical, Theatre Tech, Academy Singers,
Creative Writing Club,
Science Olympiad Team,
- Saint Edmond's Academy is a Catholic, independent school for boys in Wilmington, Delaware. The Academy provides challenging, structured, skills-based, and advanced programs in a caring, nurturing, and safe environment in the unique educational tradition of the Brothers of Holy Cross. This educational tradition focuses on students' responsibility, independence, self-esteem, integrity, and sense of community, in accordance with Catholic values and integrating contemporary thought and theory on the development of boys. Students today are the future. As we shape this future through the teaching of our students at Saint Edmond's Academy, we are concerned with leading students to understand and to live Christianity; to become informed and active citizens; to be in a nurturing environment of collaboration, supported by a family spirit; to be respectful of personal, social, racial, political, religious, gender, and linguistic diversity; to participate in the life of the Church and daily dialog with faith and knowledge, faith and experience, and faith and culture; to maintain standards of excellence which are measurable; and to maintain a global perspective.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewarkGrades: PK-8 | 447 students
82 Possum Park Rd
Newark, DE 19711
WilmingtonGrades: PK-K | 24 students
1401 Faulkland Road
Wilmington, DE 19805
WilmingtonGrades: K-NS | 3 students
1501 Marsh Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
NewarkGrades: PK-KG | 61 students
459 Wyoming Rd
Newark, DE 19716
WilmingtonGrades: PK-12 | 611 students
1501 Barley Mill Road
Wilmington, DE 19807
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.