Grades: NS-7 | 414 students
- Based on the belief that God is the center of all being, the staff of St. Edward the Confessor School strives to foster the spiritual, intellectual, personal, social, creative, and physical development of each child.
- The faculty hopes to instill in each student the concept that religion is a way of life; enabling practice of Christian values with a sense of justice, service, and democracy in an ever changing society.
- St. Edward provides an environment for teaching Christian faith, making participation in the liturgy and reception of the sacraments accessible to the students.
- The school's curriculum, geared to welcome diversity and promote each child's unique talent and ability, imparts knowledge tempered by ethics, individuality, love of learning, and self-discipline.
- The faculty attempts to develop in each student a positive self-concept and a healthy curiosity so that educational and spiritual growth continues beyond the walls of this school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||414 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||English I, Algebra I, World Geography, Physical Science, Spanish I, Spanish II,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Easy financing available; generous discounts for multiple children and registered, active, supporting parishioners|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Thomas Becker, Ph. D.|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Brownies & Daisy Scouts, Builder's Club, Chorale, Clown Ministry, Cub Scouts, Girl & Boy Scouts, Guitar, Lego Club, Library Club, Math & Language Arts League, Mission Club, Newspaper, Quiz Bowl Team, RIght to Life Club, Rainbows, Soccer, Spanish Club, Student Council, Volleyball Band, Builder's Club, Chorale, Clown Ministry, Cub Scouts, Guitar, Lego Club, Library Club, Mission Club, Newspaper, Quiz Bowl Team, Rainbows, Soccer, Spanish Club, Volleyball, Brownies & Daisy Scouts,
Girl & Boy Scouts,
Math & Language Arts League,
RIght to Life Club,
- We are a traditional Catholic school with a time-tested and time-proven curriculum. We seek to prepare our students for rich Catholic lives, as well as for smooth entrance into competitive-admission area Catholic high schools. Our students work very hard, have a significant amount of homework, learn proper manners and etiquette, participate widely in community service, and distinguish themselves in the arts, athletics, and leadership. Our students and families enjoy many activities together and interact in an atmosphere of mutual respect. Our staff is experienced, and our curriculumm is rigorous.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MetairieGrades: PK-7 | 787 students
4921 Meadowdale St
Metairie, LA 70006
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 793 students
3900 Derbigny St
Metairie, LA 70001
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 270 students
917 N Atlanta St
Metairie, LA 70003
MetairieGrades: PK-7 | 666 students
6600 Kawanee Ave
Metairie, LA 70003
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 273 students
6500 Riverside Dr
Metairie, LA 70003
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.