Grades: 1-12 | 119 students
By maximizing each student's unique abilities, we enhance the quality of life for elementary, middle, and high school students with cognitive and other disabilities.
St. Elizabeth School graduates students who are successful at home, in the workforce, and in the community.
- St. Elizabeth School (SES) is a nonpublic, special education school located in Baltimore City.
- We work with students with disabilities in Central Maryland, ages 6 to 21, grades 1 to 12, in our Elementary, Middle, and High School programs.
- St. Elizabeth School helps students with special needs go the distance.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual Disability, Autism/Autism Spectrum Disorders, Traumatic Brain Injury, Emotional Disabilities, & Multiple Disabilities (orthopedic, speech or language, or other health impairments including ADD, ADHD, and Specific Learning Disabilities).|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Professional Dress Code -- see Student Handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition paid by referring local school system. Private pay accepted.|
|Admissions Director||Judy Malin|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Figure Skating, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Kayaking, Nordic Skiing, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBasketball, Bowling,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Figure Skating, Freestyle Skiing,
Nordic Skiing, Sailing,
Track and Field, Weightlifting,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Therapy Groups, Intramural Sports, Movement Group (Occupational Therapy), Running Club, Special Olympics, Student Council, Student Newspaper Running Club, Art Therapy Groups,
Movement Group (Occupational Therapy),
- St. Elizabeth School graduates students who are successful at home, in the workforce, and in the community. By maximizing each student's unique abilities, we enhance the quality of life for elementary, middle, and high school students with cognitive and other disabilities. Our program focuses on the realization of personal potential by integrating academic growth, social/emotional development, functional life skills, and vocational training. We create a community environment that fosters a sense of belonging. Please visit our website for more information about our school programs. Please note that St. Elizabeth School exclusively serves students with special needs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BaltimoreGrades: 9-12 | 320 students
901 Aisquith Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 263 students
3617 Harford Rd
Baltimore, MD 21218
SevernGrades: 9-12 | 1215 students
8080 New Cut Road
Severn, MD 21144
LaurelGrades: 9-12 | 460 students
113 Saint Marys Place
Laurel, MD 20707
BaltimoreGrades: K-9 | 111 students
1750 E Fairmount Ave
Baltimore, MD 21231
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.