Grades: K-8 | 228 students
The mission of St. Eugene Catholic Elementary School is toproclaim the Good News of Jesus, provide a rigorous academic curriculum and prepare students to face the challenges of the future.
The academic programs at St. Eugene School are developed and approved by the Office of Catholic Education and the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Students in Kindergarten through Grade Eight are instructed in the areas of Religion, Mathematics, Integrated Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Music, Art, Computer Education and Physical Education.
Each subject area is taught according to the curriculum guidelines, which are prepared and disseminated through the Office of Catholic Education.
Teachers utilize the guidelines as their core program with the textbooks, workbooks, audio-visual and technology to enhance the course of study.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition rates|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jane Magnatta, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anti-bullying groups, Choir, Choose Life, Newspaper, Peer Mediators, Service opportunities, Student Council Choir, Choose Life, Newspaper, Peer Mediators, Anti-bullying groups,
St. Eugene School Faculty recognizes and dedicates ourselves to the following principles:
- We recognize each child is an individaul loved by God, blessed with abilities that we will help him/her develop to their fullest potential.
- We seek to form in each child a concern for each other and for all people of whatever race, creed, or color, as brothers and sisters in the Lord.
- We recognize the need for discipline in the early years, especially until the time each child has grown to self-discipline and self-direction.
- We seek continually to maintain a high quality of education in every area, and thus will make demands on all students to maintain such educational standards.
- And most importantly, we teach the children values for life and eternity as we seek to develop their talents to the fullest and lead them to live according to the Good Nes of Christ - the Gospel.
Profile last updated: 07/31/2014
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Clifton HeightsGrades: PK-KG | 92 students
436 N Oak Ave
Clifton Heights, PA 19018
Clifton HeightsGrades: NS-K | 45 students
31 N Diamond St Box 108
Clifton Heights, PA 19018
SpringfieldGrades: KG-8 | 259 students
240 N Bishop Ave
Springfield, PA 19064
Drexel HillGrades: K-8 | 239 students
3407 Dennison Avenue
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
SecaneGrades: KG | 42 students
900 South Ave
Secane, PA 19018
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.