Grades: K-8 | 204 students
The mission of St. Eugene Catholic Elementary School is to proclaim the Good News of Jesus, provide a rigorous academic curriculum and prepare students to face the challenges of the future.
The academic programs at St. Eugene School are developed and approved by the Office of Catholic Education and the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Students in Kindergarten through Grade Eight are instructed in the areas of Religion, Mathematics, Integrated Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Music, Art, Spanish, Computer Education, LIbrary Skills and Physical Education. Each subject area is taught according to the curriculum guidelines, which are prepared and disseminated through the Office of Catholic Education.
Teachers utilize the guidelines as their core program with the textbooks, workbooks, audio-visual and technology to enhance the course of study.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition rates|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Jane Magnatta, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anti-bullying groups, CYO Sports Program - all grades, Choir, Choose Life, Newscast Team, Newspaper, Peer Mediators, Service opportunities, Student Council Choir, Choose Life, Newscast Team, Newspaper, Peer Mediators, Anti-bullying groups,
CYO Sports Program - all grades,
St. Eugene School Faculty recognizes and dedicates ourselves to the following principles:
- We recognize each child is an individaul loved by God, blessed with abilities that we will help him/her develop to their fullest potential.
- We seek to form in each child a concern for each other and for all people of whatever race, creed, or color, as brothers and sisters in the Lord.
- We recognize the need for discipline in the early years, especially until the time each child has grown to self-discipline and self-direction.
- We seek continually to maintain a high quality of education in every area, and thus will make demands on all students to maintain such educational standards.
- And most importantly, we teach the children values for life and eternity as we seek to develop their talents to the fullest and lead them to live according to the Good Nes of Christ - the Gospel.
Profile last updated: 04/29/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SecaneGrades: KG-8 | 258 students
10 Fatima Dr
Secane, PA 19018
MortonGrades: K-9 | 348 students
2130 Franklin Ave
Morton, PA 19070
SecaneGrades: KG | 42 students
900 South Ave
Secane, PA 19018
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.