Grades: PK-8 | 92 students
- St. Francis was started by Sr. Anne Behre on September 13, 1960 in a convent in Flushing, New York with four children.
- In 1963 the school moved to the Park Slope section of Brooklyn in order to accommodate more students.
- In 1965 St. Francis became a private state supported 4201 School, one of eleven schools serving deaf or blind students in New York State.
- In 1973 St. Francis moved to its present location on Eastern Parkway where it continues today to educate profoundly deaf children from infancy to eighth grade.
- St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf is dedicated to encouraging the maximum potential for learning in each child regardless of race, creed, color or gender.
- This education embraces the whole child-psychological, physical, social and emotional.
- St. Francis' instructional program is guided by Reuven Feuerstein's theory of Structured Cognitive Modifiability as the school implements the New York State Curricula in all academic areas.
- This theory of development describes how children develop their cognitive skills through Mediated Learning Experiences.
- It assists children in becoming active learners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 363 students
20 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
New YorkGrades: UG | 89 students
25 E 104th St
New York, NY 10029
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 385 students
721 Lincoln Place
Brooklyn, NY 11216
New YorkGrades: NS | 238 students
148 W 90th St
New York, NY 10024
BrooklynGrades: NS-8 | 172 students
920 Park Place
Brooklyn, NY 11213
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.