Grades: 9-12 | 600 students
St. Francis High School is a Catholic, college preparatory schoolfor boys in grades 9-12.
Since its founding by the CapuchinFranciscan Friars in 1946, it has been committed to enriching themind and heart, strengthening respect through service and humility,creating a brotherhood, and envisioning men of virtue and peace.
Itoffers a challenging curriculum and many opportunities forextracurricular involvement.
St. Francis is fully accredited byWASC and the WCEA.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||600 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Computer Science A, English Literature, European History, Human Geography, Language and Composition, Latin, Microeconomics, Physics, Spanish Language, Statistics, United States Government, United States History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Docker pants/shorts and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 21|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mr. Joe K. Monarrez|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, Alvernian (Yearbook), Armenian Club, Art Club, Black Student Union, Brotherhood of Christian Athletes, California Scholarship Federation, Chess Club, Drumline, Filipino-American Club, Fishing Club, Frisbee Club, Habitat for Humanity, KNIT (Television News Station), Knight Life Student Newspaper, LINK, Latin Honor Society, Living in Faith Experience, Los Oradores, Men’s Chorus, Mock Trial Club, Mountain Bike Team, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Ping Pong Club, Robotic Club, Rogues Gallery, SALT, Spanish Honor Society, Sports Medicine Club, Sports Medicine Honor Society, St. Francis Robotics Team, Student Council/ASB Armenian Club, Art Club, Chess Club, Drumline, Fishing Club, Frisbee Club, LINK, Los Oradores, Men’s Chorus, Mu Alpha Theta, Ping Pong Club, Robotic Club, Rogues Gallery, SALT, Academic Decathlon,
Black Student Union,
Brotherhood of Christian Athletes,
California Scholarship Federation,
Habitat for Humanity,
KNIT (Television News Station),
Knight Life Student Newspaper,
Latin Honor Society,
Living in Faith Experience,
Mock Trial Club,
Mountain Bike Team,
National Honor Society,
Spanish Honor Society,
Sports Medicine Club,
Sports Medicine Honor Society,
St. Francis Robotics Team,
- Founded in 1946, St. Francis High School is a private,Catholic, college preparatory school for boys. The school is ownedby its Board of Directors and operated in sponsorship with theCapuchin Franciscan Friars of the Western American Province of OurLady of Angels. Our educational objectives incorporate both thebasic philosophy of Catholic education and the philosophy of theCapuchin Franciscan Order, in accordance with the laws of the Stateof California.
- Enriching the Mind and Heart - We seek to develop in ourstudents the qualities of mind and heart necessary for matureliving in the spiritual and temporal world. In addition topreparing students for the rigors of university life, ourcurriculum and community life cultivate intellectual, emotional,physical, and spiritual growth, responsible citizenship, socialawareness, and aesthetic appreciation.
- Strengthening Respect Through Service and Humility - Inspiredby the humility and love of Jesus Christ, Francis cherished andpromoted a deep appreciation of being "lesser." True followers ofChrist are always to be distinguished by their humility andservice, especially to the poor and marginalized. We toocherish and foster these essential qualities by encouragingstudents, faculty, and staff to develop the deep, mutual respectthat precludes divisiveness and elitism. We seek toexpand our affinity for our own community to embrace aricher, more meaningful affinity with the love of Christ forall humankind.
- Creating a Brotherhood - The hallmark of the Franciscantradition is love - particularly, God's love as reflected in allcreation. Thus, the Franciscan charism includes promoting harmony,unity, and love in every human institution, the most fundamental ofwhich is the family. The St. Francis "family spirit" embraces notonly individual students' families, but also faculty, staff,administration, and alumni, as well as the Christian community atlarge. Our school family develops its sense of interconnectednessby participation in the activities of Church life - daily prayer,special liturgical celebration, the sacraments, retreats, and ourfour-year religion curriculum.
- Envisioning Men ofVirtue and Peace - St. Francis HighSchool works to realize the Church's vision of God's kingdom onEarth by participating in the teaching mission of the RomanCatholic Church through the lens of the Franciscan virtues. St.Francis students are also encouraged to become good stewards to allof God's creation and to appreciate their education not only as ameans to college and career, but also as training for a life ofservice. As instruments of peace, they will build God's kingdomthrough example.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 734 students
1253 Bishops Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90012
PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 709 students
3880 E Sierra Madre Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
Los AngelesGrades: 9-12 | 1247 students
1901 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90006
AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 967 students
1952 West La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 673 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
We love the atmosphere at St. Francis. The faculty really love the boys and provides them a great environment to learn and prosper as young men. We have 2 boys currently at St. Francis and they love the school, faculty, and students. We believe they have been properly prepared for college and life after college.
- Posted by Parent - mnofa
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.