Grades: PK-8 | 248 students
- St. Francis of Assisi School has been in operation for over hundred years and is located on Church Street alongside its' founding parish, in the welcoming rural town of Naugatuck, Connecticut.
- Since class sizes of St. Francis are limited and available spaces fill quickly at all grade levels, we urge that application be made as early as possible for each September.
- Our 'Open House' event takes place the last week of each January, during Catholic School Week.
- Visitors are welcome at anytime throughout any part of the school year.
- If class size permits and admission criterion is met, we do accept relocating students anytime throughout the year.
- Our grades evolve from Pre-K through Eighth grade, therefore attending St. Francis eliminates the need for a transition to a middle school.
- All academic requirements are met within our walls, for every grade.
- Each grade has its' own classroom.
- Class size can vary from below 20 to above 30, depending on each year's enrollment.
- Our Kindergarten and First grade classes have assistants to help with administrative duties, allowing the teachers to the ability to provide individual attention to the students.
- Unlike most schools, we offer a full-day Kindergarten and pre-school program.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NaugatuckGrades: K-9 | 162 students
32 Golden Hill St
Naugatuck, CT 06770
DerbyGrades: PK-8 | 131 students
14 Seymour Ave
Derby, CT 06418
SheltonGrades: PK-8 | 212 students
430 Coram Ave
Shelton, CT 06484
TrumbullGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
190 Shelton Rd
Trumbull, CT 06611
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.