Grades: NS-8 | 459 students
- St. Francis Xavier School has been educating children along the North Shore for over 100 years.
- Our mission is to create a community of faith in action and excellence in academics.
- We partner with our parish to provide students with an environment of care and concern, high academic and social expectations, and role models to guide their actions and life choices.
- The school's academic and religious curriculum is complemented by the latest in computer and SMART Board technology, a Science Lab, an art studio, and a newly renovated library.
- Our teachers are among the most highly trained in the area and fully 75% hold advanced degrees and endorsements.
- They are creative, dedicated and committed to the parish.
- We have high expectations for our students and our size allows us to individualize instruction to a rare degree. Also, because we are pre K-8, students of different ages interact often and well.
- Through the course of their time at SFX, students will grow from being the youngest in the building to being the oldest, and will understand and embrace changing expectations and responsibilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SFX is able to accommodate mild learning differences with the assistance of reading specialists, math enrichment support, learning behavioral specialists and guidance counseling|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012|
|Total Students||459 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,117|
|Admissions Director||Colleen Barrett|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Clubs, Crusader Chronicle, One Heart Club, Scouting, Student Council, Teen Book Cafe One Heart Club, Scouting, Teen Book Cafe, After School Clubs,
- For more information about the benefits of an SFX education, please visit www.sfx-school.org.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Buffalo GroveGrades: PK-8 | 437 students
50 N Buffalo Grove Road
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
NorthfieldGrades: PK-12 | 367 students
315 Waukegan Rd
Northfield, IL 60093
Des PlainesGrades: 6-12 | 218 students
1015 Rose Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 60016
Highland ParkGrades: PK-KG | 125 students
1301 Clavey Rd
Highland Park, IL 60035
LincolnshireGrades: PK-KG | 30 students
1970 Riverwoods Rd
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.