Grades: PK-7 | 442 students
- As a Roman Catholic school, St. Francis Xavier is dedicated to creating an environment in which a Christian way of thought and life permeates all facets of the educational program by focusing on the spiritual, moral, intellectual, individual, social, physical, and cultural growth of its students.
- St. Francis Xavier School imparts the rich traditions of the Catholic Church, providing instruction in faith, morality, decision-making and ethics in conformity with Catholic doctrine.
- Students are encouraged to become aware of their gifts and limitations, realizing that there will always be greater or lesser persons than themselves in their lives.
- The school strives to instill self-esteem, self-realization, self-reliance, and self-responsibility.
- The purpose of the curriculum is to provide each student with the academic skills necessary to gain entrance into an appropriate high school and the basic skill necessary to function in a complex society.
- Taking into account the varied abilities of its students, this school also offers many and varied courses and services to meet the intellectual needs of its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||442 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GretnaGrades: PK-7 | 413 students
3610 Claire Ave
Gretna, LA 70053
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 429 students
6421 W Metairie Ave
Metairie, LA 70003
MarreroGrades: PK-8 | 741 students
601 Avenue C
Marrero, LA 70072
MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 405 students
1600 Lake Avenue
Metairie, LA 70005
MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 402 students
194 Ravan Ave.
Metairie, LA 70123
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.