Grades: PK-7 | 442 students
- As a Roman Catholic school, St. Francis Xavier is dedicated to creating an environment in which a Christian way of thought and life permeates all facets of the educational program by focusing on the spiritual, moral, intellectual, individual, social, physical, and cultural growth of its students.
- St. Francis Xavier School imparts the rich traditions of the Catholic Church, providing instruction in faith, morality, decision-making and ethics in conformity with Catholic doctrine.
- Students are encouraged to become aware of their gifts and limitations, realizing that there will always be greater or lesser persons than themselves in their lives.
- The school strives to instill self-esteem, self-realization, self-reliance, and self-responsibility.
- The purpose of the curriculum is to provide each student with the academic skills necessary to gain entrance into an appropriate high school and the basic skill necessary to function in a complex society.
- Taking into account the varied abilities of its students, this school also offers many and varied courses and services to meet the intellectual needs of its students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||442 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 402 students
194 Ravan Ave.
Metairie, LA 70123
HarveyGrades: PK-8 | 804 students
617 2nd Ave
Harvey, LA 70058
GretnaGrades: PK-7 | 413 students
3610 Claire Ave
Gretna, LA 70053
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 429 students
6421 W Metairie Ave
Metairie, LA 70003
MarreroGrades: PK-8 | 741 students
601 Avenue C
Marrero, LA 70072
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.