Grades: PK-8 | 217 students
- The purpose of St Jacobi Lutheran Elementary School is to assist parents in meeting their God-given responsibility to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
- In so doing, we intend to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, to all students.
- Since the school is a mission arm of the congregation, it is our intent to reach out into the community with that same Gospel by making a distinctly Christian education available to families who have the need for a church and school home to nourish and cultivate their spiritual lives with the Word of God.
- Our purpose is carried out by using the Holy Scriptures as: (1) the single basis for the formation of our entire curriculum, and (2) the center for all extracurricular activities.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Lang/mild autism|
|Total Students||217 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 1|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$505|
|Tuition Notes||Nonmember tuition is $3365 / yr. for g1-8 and $1683 for g K. Members pay fees only $505/yr. Inquire about how to become a member.|
|Admissions Director||David H. Hackmann|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Math track team, chess club, community service, drama/play, forensics Art Club, chess club, drama/play, forensics, Math track team,
- Who was St. Jacobi? Those who know the German language may recognize "Jacobi" as "James". St. Jacobi is referring to St. James. What do we believe? "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Psalm 111:10 "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 These passages imply that the first and foremost concern parents should have in educating their children is that they be taught God's Word. The primary responsibility for this education belongs to the parents (Deuteronomy 6:6-7). The Lord further directs fathers to bring up their children "In the training and instruction of the Lord" (Ephesians 6:4). In order to carry out this directive, regular study of God's Word is essential. Since the church has been commanded by Christ to make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:10), each Christian congregation has the responsibility to aid Christian parents in training their children according to the Scriptures (Matthew 28:20a). This is the reason for the existence of our Lutheran school system. Through it we make disciples of future generations. All instruction at our school is based on the Bible, the inerrant Word of God (John 10:35), which was given by divine inspiration (2 Timothy 3:16) and is the source of ultimate truth (John 17:17). Through the Bible we learn that the only true God is triune, consisting of three distinct Persons (Matthew 28:18; 2 Corinthians 13:14) in one divine Being (Deutronomy 6:4). The work of creation is attributed primarily to God the Father. We believe and teach, as the Bible clearly states, God created the universe in six twenty-four hour days (Genesis 1). God the Father also continues to preserve His creation through the properties and powers He gave it at creation. Through the Bible we also know that although humans were created holy and righteous (Genesis 1:27), people lost this sinless nature when Adam and Eve committed the first sin (Roman 5:12). We now inherit a sinful nature at our conception (Psalm 51:5; Genesis 8:21); thus, we are condemned to eternal damnation, unable to save ourselves (Roman 3:23; Isaiah 64:6). Man, therefore, needs a Savior. God, in His love and mercy, has provided the Savior in His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Galatians 4:4-5), who is both true God, coequal with God the Father (John 5:23), and true man (John 1:14). It is only through faith in Him alone that we are saved (Acts 4:12). Saving faith in Christ is given to us through the work of the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Triune Godhead (Titus 3:4-7; 1 Corinthians12:3). It is also through the work of the Holy Spirit that we are able to bring forth good works as fruits of faith (Galatians 5:22-23). In bringing forth these fruits of faith the Holy Spirit will lead us to strive to do what the Lord expects of us. God directs us to fear, love, and trust in Him above all things (Psalm 33:8; Matthew 22:37; Psalm 37:5). He also directs us to gather regularly with fellow Christians to hear His Word and worship Him (Hebrew 10:25; Luke 11:28). A life of prayer is a fruit of faith. In the name of Jesus we can confidently pray to our Father knowing He will answer our prayers as is best for us (1 John 3:1; Matthew 7:7). We will also want to show our faith by daily repenting of our sins, confident that they will be forgiven for the Savior's sake (Psalm 51:17). Our faith will also be seen as we show our love for our neighbor (Matthew 22:39); Ephesians 4:32) and our eagerness to share the Gospel with him (Acts 4:20). Christian education is a God-given blessing. It is our sincere prayer that many will take advantage of this great blessing. For more details about our beliefs, go to www.wels.net/cgi-bin/site.pl?2601&collectionID=783 for a free download in the language of your choice.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West AllisGrades: PK-8 | 112 students
7821 W Lincoln Ave
West Allis, WI 53219
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 590 students
Po Box 090095
Milwaukee, WI 53209
SturtevantGrades: K-9 | 123 students
3030 95th St
Sturtevant, WI 53177
Menomonee FallsGrades: PK-12 | 97 students
N84W19049 Menomonee Ave
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
RacineGrades: K-9 | 231 students
3035 Drexel Ave
Racine, WI 53403
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.