- St. James Academy is the newest Catholic high school in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas, which welcomed its first class in the Fall of 2005.
- Built to satisfy the increasing demand for Catholic secondary education, our school exists first and foremost to pass along the teachings, traditions and treasures of the Catholic faith.
- St. James Academy also strives to uphold the highest standards of excellence in all academic, athletic and extracurricular endeavors.
- Students and staff are challenged to achieve their best and to demonstrate the strength of their faith by their example.
- St. James Academy espouses the belief that all students can learn and excel with proper guidance, spiritual support, and an environment in which they feel comfortable sharing and exploring their talents, knowledge and faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||928 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Government, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Language & Composition, Latin, Literature & Composition, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Described in Student Handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 1|
|Tuition Notes||One rate for members of a Johnson County Catholic parish, another rate for Catholics from outside the Johnson County Region and Non-Catholics|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Karen Maginn|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Debate, Forensics, Scholars Bowl, Science Olympiad, Mock Trial, instrumental and vocal music, drama, languages, honor societies, women's vocations, men's vocations, Right to Life, KAY Club, prayer groups, Christian Stewardship, book club, ping pong, video games, are examples of some of the many clubs available. Debate, Forensics, Scholars Bowl, Science Olympiad, Mock Trial,
instrumental and vocal music, drama, languages, honor societies,
women's vocations, men's vocations, Right to Life, KAY Club, prayer groups, Christian Stewardship, book club, ping pong, video games, are examples of some of the many clubs available.,
- In 2014, St. James Academy was named a School of Excellence by the Catholic Education Honor Roll, recognizing the emphasis on Catholic identity and academic excellence. In the 2016-17 year, the school population is more than 930 students.
- Mission statement: St. James Academy exists to pass on the Catholic faith to the next generation. The community is rooted in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and is dedicated to developing the minds and hearts of young people to know Truth, choose Good and live virtuously in the service of others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Boys TownGrades: 9-12 | 357 students
13803 Flanagan Blvd
Boys Town, NE 68010
DraperGrades: 9-12 | 790 students
300 East 11800 South
Draper, UT 84020
Kansas CityGrades: 9-12 | 1100 students
9301 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
Kansas CityGrades: 9-12 | 561 students
5600 Main St
Kansas City, MO 64113
Kansas CityGrades: PK-12 | 640 students
11511 State Line
Kansas City, MO 64114