Grades: 7-12 | 95 students
- Founded in 1999 as an academy of distinction for grades 6 through 12, the St. James Preparatory School (SJP) strives to prepare students for leadership in the 21st Century by emphasizing academic excellence, scholarship, achievement, diversity, and community outreach.
- SJP offers a strong interdisciplinary curriculum that makes use of current technology and embraces the multicultural perspectives of Newark, the larger community, and the world.
- With an educational model that offers structured small classes, moral development, individual support, and positive reinforcement, SJP is committed to developing and equipping students for future academic and professional pursuits.
- Since its inception, SJP has been preparing students for leadership roles in the 21st century by emphasizing academic excellence, character development, faith formation and community service in an environment that is Christ-centered, biblically-based, ethically sensitive, technologically advanced and multicultural in its purview.
- Utilize holistic teaching strategies that emphasize Christian values to provide students with the tools necessary to: communicate effectively, think critically, conceptualize creatively, work collectively, and strategize globally.
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ElizabethGrades: 9-12 | 168 students
840 N Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07208
NewarkGrades: 9-12 | 306 students
228 W Market St
Newark, NJ 07103
LivingstonGrades: 6-12 | 593 students
91 South Orange Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
MontclairGrades: 9-12 | 173 students
33 Cottage Place
Montclair, NJ 07042
KearnyGrades: NS-12 | 198 students
22 Wilson Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.