Grades: 7-12 | 95 students
- Founded in 1999 as an academy of distinction for grades 6 through 12, the St. James Preparatory School (SJP) strives to prepare students for leadership in the 21st Century by emphasizing academic excellence, scholarship, achievement, diversity, and community outreach.
- SJP offers a strong interdisciplinary curriculum that makes use of current technology and embraces the multicultural perspectives of Newark, the larger community, and the world.
- With an educational model that offers structured small classes, moral development, individual support, and positive reinforcement, SJP is committed to developing and equipping students for future academic and professional pursuits.
- Since its inception, SJP has been preparing students for leadership roles in the 21st century by emphasizing academic excellence, character development, faith formation and community service in an environment that is Christ-centered, biblically-based, ethically sensitive, technologically advanced and multicultural in its purview.
- Utilize holistic teaching strategies that emphasize Christian values to provide students with the tools necessary to: communicate effectively, think critically, conceptualize creatively, work collectively, and strategize globally.
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewarkGrades: 9-12 | 306 students
228 W Market St
Newark, NJ 07103
LivingstonGrades: 6-12 | 593 students
91 South Orange Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
MontclairGrades: 9-12 | 173 students
33 Cottage Place
Montclair, NJ 07042
ElizabethGrades: 9-12 | 168 students
840 N Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07208
BayonneGrades: 9-12 | 415 students
1241 Kennedy Blvd
Bayonne, NJ 07002
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.