Grades: PK-8 | 534 students
- The mission of St. John Regional Catholic School is to provide a Christ-centered environment and an exemplary education to each and every student within the framework of the Gospel and the traditions of the Catholic Church. The goal of our faith community is to develop future leadership for the 21stcentury through academic excellence, faith in action,and a firm foundation of Christian virtues.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||http://sjrcs.org|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||534 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,650|
|Tuition Notes||Family Grants and Scholarships are available! Parishioner rate $6,650 for families registered at a regional parish; non-parishioner rate $8,150. Pre-K3 & 4 (full day) $7,500,Pre-K3 & 4 (5 days 1/2 days) $4,500 Pre-K3 (3 Days - 1/2 day) $2,700(parishion|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,914|
|Admissions Director||Karen O Boyle|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Boy, Chess, Chinese, Chorus, Extended Learning Opportunitis, Girl, History Club, Junior Great Books, Light of Hope, National, National Jr. Honors Society, Saftey Patrols, Silver Knights Chess CLub, Sports, Stock, Stock Market Club, Student, Wildcat Morning News, Yearbook Band, Boy, Chess, Chinese, Chorus, Girl, History Club, Light of Hope, National, Saftey Patrols, Sports, Stock, Student, Yearbook, Extended Learning Opportunitis,
Junior Great Books,
National Jr. Honors Society,
Silver Knights Chess CLub,
Stock Market Club,
Wildcat Morning News,
- Tradition of quality Catholic education since 1829 in Frederick.
- National Blue Ribbon School
- Makerspace Classroom
- Designated S.T.E.M. (Science, Technolofy, Engineering, Math) School
- Pre-K program for 3 & 4 year olds
- Renzulli gifted and talented program
- State of the art facility on 27 acre campus can accommodate 750 students
- Fully Networked Computer & Science Labs
- State of the art media center/library
- Curriculum based on Elementary Course of Study as prescribed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- Bus service Available from Urbana, Mount Airy, Jefferson, Brunswick, and Middletown.
- 1:1 iPad program in the middle school.
- PRIDE Program- A innovative program to meet the needs of students with mild to moderate learning disabilities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiddletownGrades: PK-8 | 56 students
103 Prospect Street
Middletown, MD 21769
FrederickGrades: PK-8 | 159 students
1730 N Market St
Frederick, MD 21701
FrederickGrades: K-8 | 121 students
6040 New Design Road
Frederick, MD 21703
HagerstownGrades: PK-12 | 302 students
13321 Cearfoss Pike
Hagerstown, MD 21740
FrederickGrades: PK-12 | 98 students
6642 Carpenter Road
Frederick, MD 21703
My daughters loved this school. The opportunities that were available to them were great. Not only is the education top notch but the friendships they made will last a life time. As a family we loved the feeling of community. I would recommend this school to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - dhbea
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.