Grades: 6-12 | 150 students
This photograph has been taken facing the main gate of campus with Armstrong Chapel on the right hand side. The young men of St. John's Military School attend chapel twice a week: A Wednesday morning prayer service, and a full service on Sundays.
Just to the right of Armstrong Chapel is Clem-Ferris Hall, which is the living quarters for Headquarters Company (HHC). Headquarters Company is where all new students reside for their first 6 weeks during their training program. This way all new students can learn and live alongside one another in an atmosphere of support and encouragement.
Sage Hall is the home of Bravo Company - the living quarters for 5th through 8th grade students. Upon completion of the 6 week new Cadet training period, middle school students will receive their 'Company Assignment' to this living quarters.
Just to the left of Sage Hall is the Stevens Center. This main floor of this building houses the 'Mess Hall' for all campus meals, the offices of the Commandant and Deputy Commandant, the nurses residence, a 9 bed infirmary, the barber shop, and the D. Dale Browning formal reception room. In the basement of Stevens Center are the JROTC classrooms, and a state of the art 12 position rifle range.
Jack Vanier Hall (or JVH) is the living quarters for upper school Cadets, grades 9-12. Like the other living quarters, each room is set for private two student accommodations. This 6 million dollar facility is just in its 2nd year of use and features a recreation center in the basement with movie theaters, pool tables, ping pong tables, snack bar, video game machines, state of the art fitness facility, and conference/game room.
Cadets can use this room in the recreation center of Jack Vanier Hall for meetings, games, and use of the Nintendo Wii system.
The snack bar in the recreation center of Jack Vanier Hall is open and adult supervised on the weekends. Cadets may order snack foods like pizza, chips, candy, soda, popcorn, hot dogs, and check out movies to watch in one of the two movie theaters, or check out a video game to play on either the XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 video game consoles that are available.
St. John's Military School in Salina, Kansas, was founded in 1887.
For over 125 years, the school has been dedicated to the development of young men.
Our principal objective is to help ensure their future lives are filled with success, happiness, and personal fulfillment.
This is achieved through a rigorous academic environment complemented by a structured campus life, promoting the development of personal qualities such as personal graces, confidence, respect, high moral character, and leadership values that will be indispensable to them in their future years.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Average ACT score||22|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,100|
|Tuition Notes||$34,100.00 includes tuition, room and board, uniform fees, fixed fees, miscellanious fees, technology fee, and textbook rental. Some monthly incidental charges are additional.|
|Admissions Director||MAJ Robert Forde|
|Admissions Associate||Debby Edgerton|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Fencing, Football, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Weightlifting, WrestlingBasketball, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Fencing,
Indoor Soccer, Marksmanship,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Cadet Patrol, Chapel Choir, Chapel Council, Civil Air Patrol, Color Guard, Fencing, Honor Guard, Paintball, Scuba Club, Tae Kwon Do Boy Scouts, Cadet Patrol, Chapel Choir, Chapel Council, Color Guard, Fencing, Honor Guard, Paintball, Scuba Club, Tae Kwon Do, Civil Air Patrol,
- St. John's Military School in Salina, Kansas, was founded in 1887. For over 125 years, the school has been dedicated to the development of young men. Our principal objective is to help ensure their future lives are filled with success, happiness, and personal fulfillment.
- This is achieved through a rigorous academic environment complemented by a structured campus life, promoting the development of personal qualities such as personal graces, confidence, respect, high moral character, and leadership values that will be indispensable to them in their future years.
- Each Cadet attending St. John's possesses his own unique personality, personal strengths, challenges and values. As a result, the faculty and staff of the school make every effort to work with each student to develop a tailored and individualized program to allow his personal attributes to flourish.
- This unique balance of a structured living environment along with the development of academic objectives helps each Cadet to develop a high degree of self-discipline as well as self-confidence in their innate abilities.
- Cadets attending St. John's come from 29 different states and several foreign countries. The opportunity to live together and learn from each other is an invaluable experience. Over time, these young men forge a brotherhood as a result of living in the school's supportive environment.
Profile last updated: 07/15/2015